Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corsair RMAs and UPS Ground
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Nearly two weeks ago, I sent a pair of defective memory sticks back to Corsair after obtaining an RMA number and a password for the RMA (so I could check the status of the RMA). When I RMAed the defective memory sticks, I shipped them back to Corsair via UPS Ground service with tracking and tracked the returned memory right up until it was received by Corsair last Friday. On Monday, I checked the status of the RMA and found that they had updated their RMA information by properly identifying the kitted pair of memory modules, etc. I checked again early Tuesday morning and found that they had a UPS tracking number assigned to the replacement, but since the tracking number was newly assigned, I decided to wait until late Tuesday evening to check the status again. Late Tuesday evening, I went back to Corsair's support site and entered my RMA number and the password they assigned to the RMA, and clicked on the UPS tracking number they assigned to it, and found that only a shipping label had been printed, but that the package was still not in UPS' hot little hands. Fine! I checked again tonight to find exactly the same status on the UPS tracking number for this package. WTF????!!!!! Is this process going to take a week to change or am I going to have to contact UPS or Corsair and get nasty about this? Why give someone a tracking number if the damn package is going to sit around for a couple of days or more before actually starting its journey back to me? I expected at least a two-week turnaround time for the entire RMA process to run its course, but I am having a bit of difficulty understanding why it is taking so long to get the item shipped via UPS after a shipping label has been printed for this particular shipment. I had a much better experience two and a half years ago getting a defective PSU replaced by Corsair!

Post subject: Re: Corsair RMAs and UPS Ground
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the likely thing is that it was shipped cheapest method, which really means no tracking. when you get it, then it will update to delivered, but it cost money to track it to every stop on route. for memory that was cheap to begin with, you are expecting alot to think they will spend extra money on shipping just to keep you informed as to where it happens to be at the moment.

probably 5 to 7 days to get to you.

Post subject: Re: Corsair RMAs and UPS Ground
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Thanks for your reply, g.m.waters. However, after clicking on the tracking link provided at Corsair's support site last evening, it appears as though UPS finally received the RMAed memory sticks and showed an estimated delivery date of April 23rd by the end of the day, and showed the current tracking information of the package as to its last known location. So Corsair merely printed out the UPS tracking label on Tuesday, but UPS didn't pick it up until the following Thursday, and finally updated the tracking information within 24 hours of picking up the package.