Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Defective Series, Logitech MX 1000 Wireless Laser Mice.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:09 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
I took receipt of a Logitech MX 1000 wireless laser mouse which functioned for less than 10 minutes. It ceased charging & the LED's went out. Upon accessinly the "Logitech Forum." I found 4 postings - "failure to charge" - with the MX 1000. Interestingly, they were all dated in late February 2005.
I sent this laser mouse back to Logitech for replacement - I had lost faith in ZipZoomFly.
Anyone else experiencing a problem with the Logitech MX 1000 wireless laser mouse due to an inability to charge?
If this is, in fact, a problem with a production run, I do not feel that it is reasonable to wait 10-15 BUSINESS days for Logitech to replace the MX1000's.
It would seem more reasonable to take a credit card number to secure the return of the defective product and immediately send out a replacement.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:59 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:10 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Left Coast
I have asked various suppliers to send me a replacement ASAP before returning the defective item. Policies vary depending on the supplier and how much business you do with them.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Defective Series, Logitech MX 1000 Wireless Laser Mice.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:49 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
L_M_Damiani wrote:
I took receipt of a Logitech MX 1000 wireless laser mouse which functioned for less than 10 minutes. It ceased charging & the LED's went out. Upon accessinly the "Logitech Forum." I found 4 postings - "failure to charge" - with the MX 1000. Interestingly, they were all dated in late February 2005.
I sent this laser mouse back to Logitech for replacement - I had lost faith in ZipZoomFly.
Anyone else experiencing a problem with the Logitech MX 1000 wireless laser mouse due to an inability to charge?
If this is, in fact, a problem with a production run, I do not feel that it is reasonable to wait 10-15 BUSINESS days for Logitech to replace the MX1000's.
It would seem more reasonable to take a credit card number to secure the return of the defective product and immediately send out a replacement.


On further reviewing of the web, there have been serious problems with production dating back to 12/04. See http://reviews.designtechnica.com/user_ ... page1.html .
One of multipe pages defining problems & requiring that one obtain a RMA - at your telephone expense (no toll free #) as well as your shipping expense - to replace a defective product.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:31 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:47 am
Posts: 19
Location: TN/VA
They need to bring back the cord. Somebody in another thread was just telling me how great this company is with it's wireless line. Wired is better and companies need to start targeting the wired market again.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:10 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
LawnGnome wrote:
They need to bring back the cord. Somebody in another thread was just telling me how great this company is with it's wireless line. Wired is better and companies need to start targeting the wired market again.


You have a valid opinion. However, the Logitech MX1000 laser cordless mouse has received excellent reviews - see "Tom's Hardware" at
tomshardware.com.
Nevertheless, I would like to forewarn readers about what "appears to be" a serious issue with this product since late 2004.
If further investigation supports this point, the pubic should be made aware of same.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:14 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:32 pm
Posts: 1828
Location: Honolulu
Sorry but I have had mine for about 3 moths now and I love it to death. I like the fact that it can go for 5 days without needing to be charged.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:50 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
RickRock wrote:
Sorry but I have had mine for about 3 moths now and I love it to death. I like the fact that it can go for 5 days without needing to be charged.


The earilest issues regarding "charging defects" which I could find on the internet were dated 12/04.
You may have been fortunate in purchasing your MX 1000 when you did.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:58 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 2108
Location: I'm Not sure
i've had my MX1000 since November and i have yet to have one problem with it, and the long battery life OWNS, i can not remember the last time i charged it up, it averages ~3 weeks of battery life, never had it die on me once, i was sooo glad i made the move from my MX700


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:21 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 6657
Location: Houghton, MI (Michigan Technological University)
just contact logitech, they have a great RMA and customer service department, they should replace it for you.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:14 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:08 pm
Posts: 409
Location: South Carolina
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:48 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 6657
Location: Houghton, MI (Michigan Technological University)
chiller2 wrote:
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.
i had a similar story with my cordless mx duo. sent me a new one free of charge.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:06 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
chiller2 wrote:
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.


According to Logitech, my replacement MX1000 is "back ordered." It may be 2-5 weeks before they are back "in stock." However, WHEN they are back "in stock," I will be receiving a replacement.
Does anyone find it strange that Logitech has NO STOCK of MX1000's????
Is this any way to run a large corporation! NOT A QUESTION.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:19 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
L_M_Damiani wrote:
chiller2 wrote:
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.


According to Logitech, my replacement MX1000 is "back ordered." It may be 2-5 weeks before they are back "in stock." However, WHEN they are back "in stock," I will be receiving a replacement.
Does anyone find it strange that Logitech has NO STOCK of MX1000's????
Is this any way to run a large corporation! NOT A QUESTION.


I sent off a letter to the President & CEO - one person - of Logitech, Inc. describing the situation.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:02 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
L_M_Damiani wrote:
L_M_Damiani wrote:
chiller2 wrote:
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.


According to Logitech, my replacement MX1000 is "back ordered." It may be 2-5 weeks before they are back "in stock." However, WHEN they are back "in stock," I will be receiving a replacement.
Does anyone find it strange that Logitech has NO STOCK of MX1000's????
Is this any way to run a large corporation! NOT A QUESTION.


I sent off a letter to the President & CEO - one person - of Logitech, Inc. describing the situation.


Subsequent to sending my letter, Logitech "miraculously" has MX-1000's IN STOCK. They are sending me a new one via AirBourne.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:01 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:25 am
Posts: 711
Location: Guam
glad to see you got your issue resolved.

I bought the Logitech cordless optical mouse, (battery powered) RM67A, a few years ago and rely on the Energizer Lithium e2 batteries.

With over six months of daily use on the same pair of batteries, the mouse is still running strong, an unbelievable feat!
or should I say feet?LOL 8)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:37 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 am
Posts: 703
Location: Naples, Florida
L_M_Damiani wrote:
L_M_Damiani wrote:
L_M_Damiani wrote:
chiller2 wrote:
As I posted elsewhere in the Pound I had problems with my MX 510. Called Logitech explained the problem sent me a new one at no expense to me and it arrived in less than a week and that included a weekend.

According to Logitech, my replacement MX1000 is "back ordered." It may be 2-5 weeks before they are back "in stock." However, WHEN they are back "in stock," I will be receiving a replacement.
Does anyone find it strange that Logitech has NO STOCK of MX1000's????
Is this any way to run a large corporation! NOT A QUESTION.

I sent off a letter to the President & CEO - one person - of Logitech, Inc. describing the situation.

Subsequent to sending my letter, Logitech "miraculously" has MX-1000's IN STOCK. They are sending me a new one via AirBourne.

I received my new MX1000 yesterday, it works. I am extreme pleased with the performance.
Interestingly, it did NOT come from Logitech, Inc., but, rather, from another source, i.e., "Clientlogic," Grove City, OH.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:55 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:12 pm
Posts: 697
Location: In the Pyro-Gx
L_M_Damiani wrote:
I received my new MX1000 yesterday, it works. I am extreme pleased with the performance.
Interestingly, it did NOT come from Logitech, Inc., but, rather, from another source, i.e., "Clientlogic," Grove City, OH.


Very few companies handle distribution on their own, in particular when dealing with client recalls, often a 3rd party will get involved.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group