Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Activision big surprise right?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 am 

I play on PC and xbox (I've been leaning more and more to the PC lately though.) My brother plays on xbox so I got modern warfare 3 on xbox to play with him. I tried to sign up for call of duty elite to check out what its all about but it told me I have a account already. I went to the link gamertag to account option thinking wtf. I saw they had a forgot your password option so I clicked it to get a email of what the password was. When I check the email it turns out it was a Activision account I made over 2 years ago and it sent me a very small amount of text containing just the password. I go back to my xbox and type in the password when I get nailed by a censor! WTF a censor on the password! Yea it contained a word not ok for children but who the hell is going to be looking at my password? Ok so I'm a little pissed but figure why not go to Activision's site and log in to change it. I tried to log in but got a server error and was told to contact support. Now I'm really ticked off but I figure maybe the servers are having a problem. I open up a chat and wait like 2 mins for a support guy. I like to kinda joke around and play with support guys cause I find it help me not be a ass to them. (I've sent bunny's to the guys at newegg support and they've been very helpful.)

This isn't a copy and paste cause I kinda rage quite the chat.

You are connected to *****

Me: Hello

Him: Hello what can I help you with today?

Me: I tried to make a elite profile and couldn't due to the censor on the password so I would like to ask you if you would mind slapping the person that made it silly.

Me: I would log in to change my password on the site but I am getting a server error.

Him: Hang on a moment while I try to find some steps.

Me: Can you get me some directions so I can slap the person that made the censor silly?

Him: I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

Me: I'm joking..... Lets just try to get this fixed... (Geez who raised this guy to not understand a joke.)

Him: I'm sorry but due to security concerns I cannot change your password.

Me: So what am I suppose to do if I can't log in and I can't change it?

Him: Make a new account with a new email and a password that is up to our standards.

Me: Your standards? It was up to your standards 2 years ago! Why should I have to make a new account cause of your standards?

Me: Maybe if you guys considered what would happen to the accounts with passwords that weren't "up to your standards" when you changed them I wouldn't be here.

waiting for him to respond: Nothing

Me: Well screw it guess I have to add you guys to the growing list of company's I don't deal with.

Him: <generic feedback survey goodbye>

Me: *rage quite*

I know this is all over something stupid but If I wanna do something I don't let little things stop me. I thought the password thing would be easy to deal with but it just gave them that little push to put them on my no buy list.

(')(')
(o.o)
@(")(") Mr. Bunny calls Activision a bad dog and sends them to the hot dog factory. (Mr. Bunny is the boss of the bunny mafia)

Post subject: Re: Activision big surprise right?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:14 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i would agree with you ..but being how the "chat folks" operate you cant run too many things through them and expect an answer
they arent too bright ..lol

i had a similar thing with E.A. .. i had a bioware account and then EA bought bioware and they merged all seperate accounts into a master E.A ACCOUTN well when i logged into my EA account none of the dragon age goodies i got for pre ordering showed up .. so i dealt with EA by email .. and the email support person changed my bioware account for me and merged it into EA'S master accoutn so now i was able to get back my goodies

if i were you i would look into emailing activision support and ask them via email to do what you want them to do

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Wow ... you treated the CSR like shit and didn't get an answer to your (poorly) phrased problem.

Shocking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 pm 

jktz122 wrote:
i would agree with you ..but being how the "chat folks" operate you cant run too many things through them and expect an answer
they arent too bright ..lol

i had a similar thing with E.A. .. i had a bioware account and then EA bought bioware and they merged all seperate accounts into a master E.A ACCOUTN well when i logged into my EA account none of the dragon age goodies i got for pre ordering showed up .. so i dealt with EA by email .. and the email support person changed my bioware account for me and merged it into EA'S master accoutn so now i was able to get back my goodies

if i were you i would look into emailing activision support and ask them via email to do what you want them to do

I tried to send a email before I did the chat but every time I went to send a email it would change the page to the FAQ page. I was halfway through a email when the page changed twice. After the second change I saw the chat button and clicked it.

Jipstyle wrote:
Wow ... you treated the CSR like shit and didn't get an answer to your (poorly) phrased problem.

Shocking.

1: It was a fairly simple thing to understand and I didn't think I needed to go into all that much detail for the guy to realize I was having a problems with the password.

2: He did understand my problem but was just unhelpful.

3: I was already frustrated before I got to him so a little rudeness isn't that out of the question.

4: I was only really a ass to him after he told me to make a new account.

5: I've talked to bots that acted more human then him.

6: I've chatted and emailed with newegg support a few times and they have always been very helpful. Not to mention on their site its easier to contact support.

7: Do you support poor customer service?

8: If your wondering why the standard thing pissed me off its cause I don't think company's should try to be the holy high priest of morality. They're here to make money not show off morals and crap like that. I understand filtering words on a forum like this but filtering a password is just wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I always treat Customer Service nicely even if they can't help me. It another job like anything else and I don't need to make theirs less unbearable.

Also, there are asterisk revelers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:12 am 

The one thing that I like your writing style, you write very well, keep it up.