Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bestbuy, yeah I know
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:05 am 

I know this has been said before, But I'm so mad, I even sent a email to every bestbuy.com email address I could find.

This morning I went to best buy intending on purchasing a laptop, Apon entering the store, I was waiting out side with about 10-15 other customers, when the manager, thats right the freaking store manager, made a joke highly at my expence about being on the cellphone, Apparently the others thought him funny, and they laughed too, I was talking on the phoine about my intened purchase, with my father. I just didn't know what to say, I was so shocked, I went back to the laptops, and then promptly left. I don't intend to ever go to that store ever again. So mad.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:06 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Lots of store people dislike having conversations with a person while that person is also talking to someone else on a cellphone.. Its like driving and talking on the cellphone while looking at dvds on the dashboard..........

A local video store even has a sign posted to finish your cellphone conversation before talking to them.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:49 am 

OtterFisker wrote:
Lots of store people dislike having conversations with a person while that person is also talking to someone else on a cellphone.. Its like driving and talking on the cellphone while looking at dvds on the dashboard..........

A local video store even has a sign posted to finish your cellphone conversation before talking to them.....

yeah I wasn't talking to anyone, that would be rude and I hate that, I was just walking in to the store, Not even to the second door, And was getting off the phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:01 pm 

so what did he say? was it a zinger? :lol:
When I was a teenager I would look around Staples/Bestbuy/Officedepot forever and a day and nobody would help me, they would go right to the older man or woman who just came into the store and walk right by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:32 am 
Astro lube 2 the MAX!
Astro lube 2 the MAX!

You should of urinated on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:00 pm 

Or farted in his general direction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:02 pm 

And whats up with these Geek Squad? Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Best Buy have the most arrogant employees ever assembled. Baby Boomers are buying it. So sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:12 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

Go back to the store. Go to the service desk and ask for the manager.

When he gets there, pretend to be on the phone. Then, while he is looking at you, describe what he looks like to your "secret friend." Then make sure to give the friend the address of the store, pause for a minute, and ask the manager, "Excuse me, what days of the week do you work here?" Relay the info to your buddy, and begin to walk out, mumbling things about "make sure it looks like an accident."

That'll teach him from making cell phone jokes again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:32 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

:lol:

Nice solution, 6.

I'd add odd references to baseball bats and tireirons. :D

Post subject: Re: Bestbuy, yeah I know
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:50 am 
Chief Surgeon
Chief Surgeon

darkangelamd wrote:
the manager, thats right the freaking store manager, made a joke highly at my expence about being on the cellphone, Apparently the others thought him funny, and they laughed too, I was talking on the phoine about my intened purchase, with my father. I just didn't know what to say, I was so shocked, I went back to the laptops, and then promptly left. I don't intend to ever go to that store ever again. So mad.

Thanks

I'm in charge of merchandising my CompUSA. I'm not a salesperson anymore, however, I'm qualified to, and can sell anything, anywhere in the store. My time is very limited as far as waiting for customers to finish their personal or business call. So, if a customer is on the phone, but either stalking me or (sometimes rudely) asking me to help while they've got their phone to their ear or talking on their headset, I politely tell them...

"Sir/Madam. Unless you are in a rush, please finish your call. I'll be more than happy to assist you, just not while your mind is elsewhere with your phone conversation. I'll be right here in <insert location> to finish my task while you finsh your call. As soon as you are done, I'll completely assist you in your purchase or problem."

This usually helps.

SC64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:20 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

darkangelamd wrote:
I know this has been said before, But I'm so mad, I even sent a email to every bestbuy.com email address I could find.

This morning I went to best buy intending on purchasing a laptop, Apon entering the store, I was waiting out side with about 10-15 other customers, when the manager, thats right the freaking store manager, made a joke highly at my expence about being on the cellphone, Apparently the others thought him funny, and they laughed too, I was talking on the phoine about my intened purchase, with my father. I just didn't know what to say, I was so shocked, I went back to the laptops, and then promptly left. I don't intend to ever go to that store ever again. So mad.

Thanks

there is a show on Sci Fi call scare tactics. You basically call them up and give them a name, then they will setup a scenario to scare the crap out of the person. Try that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:27 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

darkangelamd wrote:

Thanks

You gonna tell us what he said???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:22 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

mti31258 wrote:
Or farted in his general direction

Its been done LOTS....

heh heh

Nothing like a BBQ place right down the street to 'fire you up' before entry...

:shock:

V

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:09 am 
Team Badger
Team Badger

set his car on fire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:33 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Ever try to walk to the store and get treated Mexican-style. I have and I am not even Mexican. It must be my tan because most stores people think I won't buy computers.

Furniture store and car dealership is a different story, they think they can sell me dinosaur American junk for mucho pesos.

I am going to try 6's joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:44 am 

[Just deleted my former post]

I got attention in a sporting goods store by using a punching bag. Something noisy seems like a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:14 pm 

Yeah best buy sucks for customer service especially if you know anything about computers. You ask Joe the high school guy about ATI or NVIDIA and he has no idea what you are talking about. I had a guy once tell me to buy a Linksys modem. He said well you already have the router so the modem would be good. Well the modem wouldn't even work with my service and I found out that Linksys doesn't work with many services.

For chistmas my loving wife trying to be nice told everyone to get me Best Buy gift cards. Well I ended up with over $200 dollars in gift cards which was great. Unfortunately I could find anything (I don't buy DVD's or CD's). I buy computer stuff but it is sooo much cheaper online. Long story short... Best Buy is nice to go look at a product and put your hands on it, but if you want advice talk here or in another online forum.. and if you want to buy something stick to americas biggest shopping mall THE INTERNET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

The only stores i have been to where you actually get ASKED "Is there anything i can help you with" more than 5 times an hour, is PC Club and Fry's.
I refuse to go to any other store. Ever. Best Buy is just a shitload of scam artists and Comp USA is just a giant ass warehouse with a few rats roaming around to take your cash...