Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The roundy round countinues with newegg
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:05 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

So to rma a kingston stick of ram, which you send back to where you bought from took forever. First they send me same stick back and then finally the second time they get it.

Well my mushkin dual channel kit, one stick went bad. So I sent it in. I sent in a mushkin dual channel blue kit 2x512MB cas 2-3-3.

So I get an order number showing that they are sending me the replacement, it is mushkin and same everything except listed as cas 2.5-4-4...

Hopefully they listed the specs on their site wrong because I'm started to get pretty pissed about this. And maybe this time they'll respond to my email in less than three days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:33 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

No reply still...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:49 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, all we can do for this item is replace it with the same item purchased. But, we can also offer $25.00 off your next order. The reason why we can only offer a replacement is because the item is past the 30 day refund warranty. If you choose to place a new order, reply to this email with the sales order number and we will credit $25 to your account.

For more answers or information please visit our FAQ's page http:www.newegg.com/app/faq.asp

Best regards,
Delia Ortega deliaortega@newegg.com <mailto:deliaortega@newegg.com>
Newegg Customer Support
Tel: 800-390-1119
Fax: 909-395-8907

So basically they are trying to give me slower ram...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:28 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

They clearly stated that its casue it's past the 30 days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:10 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

ATI4EVER! wrote:
They clearly stated that its casue it's past the 30 days...

They also clearly state they'll replace with the same item mr 3rd grade english reading level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:39 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Still no reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:21 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I'm not exactly understanding your post either- the 1st one is pretty vague. Are you saying you had kingston 1st, sent it back in exchange for the Mushkin which was also bad? Now your trying to return or exchange?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:39 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Blondie wrote:
I'm not exactly understanding your post either- the 1st one is pretty vague. Are you saying you had kingston 1st, sent it back in exchange for the Mushkin which was also bad? Now your trying to return or exchange?

The way I'm reading it, they're two separate incidents:

Incident 1 = He RMA'd a Kingston stick to Newegg and they sent him back the exact same faulty stick he returned. He attempted an RMA a second time and they got it right.

Incident 2 = He ordered a Mushkin kit with timings of 2-3-3. A stick again went bad so he RMA'd it and sent it in. Newegg sent him an order number for his replacement, except it's reflecting a lesser quality 2.5-4-4 kit of Mushkin RAM, despite them saying they would "replace it with the same item purchased."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:50 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

One4yu2c wrote:
Blondie wrote:

The way I'm reading it, they're two separate incidents:

Incident 1 = He RMA'd a Kingston stick to Newegg and they sent him back the exact same faulty stick he returned. He attempted an RMA a second time and they got it right.

Incident 2 = He ordered a Mushkin kit with timings of 2-3-3. A stick again went bad so he RMA'd it and sent it in. Newegg sent him an order number for his replacement, except it's reflecting a lesser quality 2.5-4-4 kit of Mushkin RAM, despite them saying they would "replace it with the same item purchased."

Ok, I get that now.

I don't get why Newegg would say exchange for the same product but send different ram, unless they were out?

Then the next thing is, it is past 30 days, he in reality should be dealing with Mushkin, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 am 

sounds harsh... i've never personally had a problem with newegg (rma'd at least 3 mobos among other things), but I'd try dealing with mushkin if newegg is trying to shaft ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:38 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Most flash/system memory you go back to the place you purcashed from for warranty issues.

Again, still no reply. So friday, monday, and part of tuesday I have yet to receive a reply to my email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:44 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

_alex911 wrote:
Most flash/system memory you go back to the place you purcashed from for warranty issues.

I can't speak for other companies, but with OCZ I've RMA'd a stick directly to them in the past. Like OCZ, I'm seeing Mushkin also has a support forum where some posters are getting RMAs setup. Might be useful for future reference given your Newegg experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:06 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Got the ram just now. It is the cas 2-3-3 ram I had, they are just idiots and won't acknowledge their site has the wrong specs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:24 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

don't they have some sort of disclaimer reguarding typographical errors, just like every other major site. Those disclaimers always scare me, and it gives them somewhat of an advantage... as they don't have to sell at the advertised price as long as its a screw up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:38 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

ramm wrote:
don't they have some sort of disclaimer reguarding typographical errors, just like every other major site. Those disclaimers always scare me, and it gives them somewhat of an advantage... as they don't have to sell at the advertised price as long as its a screw up.

They finally replied and were like "It should actually be an upgraded version". Haha, mushkin never made blue line 2.5-4-4, idiot. Just fix the specs on the site.