I like EA. 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
I hate Walmart. 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
I love Walmart. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Lets hate EA.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:47 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

EA they never does anything revolutionary. Their just like Hollywood just keeps making sequels to something that’s already crap jus to make more money. The Sims is a great example how many Sims add on packs could they produce before people got sick of them; Battlefield 1942 is followed by another battlefield. When will they do something amazing like Halo 2, Doom 3, HL2, or even Unreal Tournament 2004?

Ya lets hate Walmart too...

Last edited by yo_man_will@hotmail.com on Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:54 am 
Celeron
Celeron

Hello Gamerfreak jr. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:56 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Hmm, what someone else hates EA as much as I do? Do they hate Walmart too? I should start a new poest about that too, man do I hate WalMart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:08 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

yo_man_will@hotmail.com wrote:
Hmm, what someone else hates EA as much as I do? Do they hate Walmart too? I should start a new poest about that too, man do I hate WalMart.

Then edit your orignal post. Another thread like this would suck so bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:28 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

i love walmart. i don't hate ea, but agree w/what you're saying about their games. just dont buy them. they found a way for people to keep buying mediocre titles. don't get mad at them, get mad at your fellow consumers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

true...damn Amercian consumers....*looks at himself and his dell*....nevermind..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:37 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:02 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

here you go yo_man_will
Link to other thread.
this is what i mean :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:05 am 

I have a very good reason for contempt of EA. It's because of what they did to Papyrus. For the sim racing community, the Papyrus NASCAR racing sims set the standard for this type of racing. But EA bought Papy a couple of years ago. Just recently, EA released a new game, "NASCAR Simracing". They really ought to be sued for false advertising, because this piece of crap is for the console gamer, having nothing in common with simulations. I made the terrible and stupid mistake of buying this worthless piece of software.
Basically, EA took a standard-setting simulation and turned it into a console game, one that is poorer and of a lower quality than the previous (now over two years old) release. The graphics now run at the console standard crappy setting of 640 x 480, or some similar pathetic level. I don't care or remember, it just sucks. You really can't appreciate the tracks or anything at this level of resolution.
The only thing that EA can say in their defence is that they added Busch and truck modes, and updated the cars. Whoopee, give the morons another chocolate cigar, because the sim racing community did that a long time ago.
I could rant and rave on how EA totally destroyed a great sim game, because they deserve every bit of criticism. I just hope all serious PC users take heed, and boycott EA. Why a boycott? Because those idiots are buying out great game titles and software, remaking them into crapola console games, and selling it to an unsuspecting consolegaming community. If just one kid who drives the console version of this game ever saw the quality, resolution, and fidelity of the previous game, "NASCAR Racing 2003", they would throw the game out the window and ask.. how come that game is so nice, and mine sucks?

To you guys at EA, you are taking gold and turning it into shit. And I don't spend my money on crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:19 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

so nascar was originally on pc, then made for console?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:10 pm 

There was a direct line of evolution in stock car sim racing games, and it was from Papyrus. There were six games, each a direct and improved version from the previous generation. The last, and technically, easily the best, was last released as "NASCAR Season 2003".
EA purchased Papyrus, and it's fantastic software and design staff, somewhere around 2002/03.
Then they took a great game, and in two years, all I can see is a dumbed down version optimized for console. The realistic physics and sounds are all gone, sacrificed for cheap, unrealistic driving physics and sounds. The graphics have reverted to 1995, and honestly, there's not much good I can say about the game.
Seriously, if anyone wants the NEW game from EA, NASCAR Simracing, I will ship it to the first person who asks. I warn you, it sucks. So I will only ask what I think it's worth. Zip, nada, free, yours just for the asking.... anyone, someone, please, take this piece of crap off my hands...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:29 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

no thx :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:05 pm 

Smart move, I fear the EPA will be angry at me for shipping shit across state lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:09 pm 

100% serious. First person who asks will receive the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:16 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Save yourself the shipping, and drop it off at the local Sally Ann store. They'll sell it for a couple of bucks, makes some poor family happy, helps out an organization that helps others. A clear win-win situation.

EA has been doing this for years because the dreaded SUITS are in control. The creative people that work there - if any are left - are under the whip at all times. SUITS think creativity is something that can be supplied on demand, like anchovies or ketchup. So, they say to the creative people "Make something new but don't spend R&D time on it and make sure we can sell it for an over-inflated price"

The crap they produce is the end result. About all you can do is vote with your wallet. If I can't play a free demo of an EA game before buying, I simply will not buy. Since any EA demo I have played in the past is crap, I have saved myself quite a pile of cash over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:36 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Amen to that. I think we can kill this subject off, I only wanted to hear that yes there are a few people out there that hate EA. But the thing is who? Who keeps buying these games? The graphics are under par the game play is repetitive, the only good thing is...umm... their name is easy to spell...EA...Can’t get much simpler than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:00 pm 

I do not hate EA. My only beef with them is BFV and how they published a crappy game like that. Other than that, I have no issues with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

" EA Games, challenge everything ,except the competition"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:24 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

EA is a horrible, horrible company.

I worked for them for 2 weeks. Never again.

They are the Microsoft of the gaming world ... but much, much worse.

Oh .. and Wal-Mart is a misogynistic evil empire as well. When I shop there, I wear a hat and sunglasses. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:41 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Sorry as much as I'd like to hate EA Ilove Madden and NBA Live tooo much, and I'm soon going to be a BF2 junkie....