I like EA. 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
I hate Walmart. 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
I love Walmart. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:11 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Still, those games are cheaply made and have very few improvements towards the overall game play. Every-once-and-a-while the graphics are overhauled and the AI is improved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:39 am 

I've loved the last 4 purchases from EA. No reason to hate. I have a friend that works there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:41 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

You know, if expansion packs could be used in a USEFUL way, they cooould be used to make a bible study oriented video game... now taking into fact that because the bible is hard to interpret half the time as it is - this would be a valid reason for expansion packs... ie)
- Genesis
- Exodus - expansion pack 1

and include optional packs with it (online) in case you got, say Exodus, and don't have Genesis...

that would be just wierd but could work!

(I just don't understand the SIMS anyway... and most of the time all I see on store shelves is "expansion pack only")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:19 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Dude...you need to lay off the weed man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:38 pm 

Well, my point is that EA bought Papyrus, and took something wonderful, and turned it into "just another game".
The Papyrus series of sims did set benchmarks for racing sims. There was a dedicated and comitted core of developers in Papyrus who were passionate about the NASCAR series. Each new version came closer and closer to real life fidelity. The quality in every important area was increasing. And in the end, it was the gamers who benefitted. They got a quality product that delivered.

Opps. anyways I digress. So when the serious sim community heard of Papyrus being bought out by EA, this was our worse nightmare, something we did not want to happen. I'm sure EA took the great and wonderful developers from Papy and put them to work .. making pixels or some game crapola.
It's a really crappy feeling watching a great core of developers being broken up and reassigned to other software, at the expense of the original, quality concept. But those talented paople are cranking out the software that makes a huge profit, making lots and lots of games and stuff. It's like watching Leonardo da Vinci painting fences.....wasted talent...
And the original concept? I really have to say that there is a difference between NASCAR 2003 and this new EA "sim" (liars). The older game, now over two years since release, is superior in about every area. Graphics, sound, and car physics. Much better in the old version.
I really have to wonder, just how much effort EA took in this new "sim"? I suspect they took the 2003 game, dusted off the software and basically changed the clothes and dumbed down some software chores.
I have lots of EA software games, some I have spent many hours playing. And I have nothing against gamers, vs sim. We're all just looking to have some fun on the computer, to each their own.
But when I'm in the mood for some serious sim action, I don't want some wanna be imatation piece of software crap. Shame on you EA, shame.

ps, I'm going to donate the game to a charitable organization, at least it will do some good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:52 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

So in collusion, EA sucks, Wal-Mart will control us all one day because they are the only ones that sell food. Dell, Microsoft, and a few other electronic computer companies will merge to make Micro-mart and then tier will be a great war between Wal-Mart and Micro-mart everyone will die except for the pope (he kicks ass) and then Jebus will come (the bible was misinterpreted once again) and mankind will be saved from the food wars. And the pope will get a new kick ass pope-mobile and a retirement plan.

The end