Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Will Best Buy Serve Justice?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:37 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Below is my situation and what I wrote to Best Buy:

"I purchased this hp pavilion zv5405 notebook online at BestBuy.com on February 3, 2005. Order number BBY01-66550001041. A $150 rebate for this notebook was released online and in store on February 6, 2005. I am ineligible for this rebate because I fell 3 days short.

I am not able to receive this rebate offer and I am REAL upset. There should be a grace-period/price-match exception for online purchases.

I was told by several customer service representatives that I can return my notebook and buy a NEW one (rather than keep the one I purchased) and be eligible for the rightfully deserved $150 mail-in rebate. However, being this was an online purchase; Best Buy can only credit my credit card account rather than give me in-store credit. In doing this, it takes 72 hours for my account to get the credit for the return. I'd then have to physically return my notebook and be notebook-less for 72 hours. If I would have purchased it at the store rather than on Best Buy.com I could make a simple "paper transaction", get store credit, and be able to keep my notebook with the data I worked hard to get on it rather than have to start over with a NEW notebook.

I have stayed up several nights to setup this notebook to my liking (work, school data). I had also installed programs such as Microsoft Office 2003 PRO which requires activation and starting over again wouldn't guarantee that MS would activate the software again (against their End User License Agreement). Besides being without my needed laptop (why I purchased it) for 72 hours.

Between me and my father, Anthony Dellarte Sr., we spend thousands of dollars a year in Best Buy. I'm sure you'd hate to see this relationship go sour.

Can you please give the Best Buy in Wilkes-Barre, PA special instructions to give store credit for the so-called return of my notebook even though the purchase was online at Best Buy.com? Then with the store credit I can immediately purchase it THIS notebook back and be eligible for the $150 rebate. Another option would be to give special instruction to the rebate processing department to give me a 4 day grace period and grant me the rebate. Or of course you can ignore my issue and I will keep this notebook without returning it, but I can guarantee me, my father, peers, and customers will never step foot into Best Buy again.

I'd greatly appreciate your help in this matter to allow me to receive this rebate! If you simply grant me this rebate, I swear I would go WAY out of my way to recommend Best Buy to others (I have great influence of purchases in the PC & electronic area to peers, customers, and family). Furthermore, I and my father will continue to be valuable customers rather than looking elsewhere to purchase products."

I sent this via the online email form at www.bestbuy.com under "contact us". What's probably going to happen is they'll auto respond then respond saying there is nothing they can do.

Does anyone know a "get crap taken care of" email address at bestbuy.com that I can also send this to?

THANKS for all your input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:57 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I've only had one cup of coffee and am a little lost, can you explain a little better? You purchased the laptop a few days before the rebate started, is this what your saying? Usually, there is a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee, where if you find it cheaper somewhere else they refund your money. Of course Best Buy would not want to restock that laptop, thus allowing you to simply return & rebuy, stores do it all of the time. Do you know how much money they would lose if you returned the laptop? They can not sell it as new any more & will have to refurbish it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:04 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Problem here is, I purchased it online and the store is telling me that the only thing they can do is credit my credit card, which takes 72 hours to post on my account.

I don't have enough credit to cover another laptop. So I'd have to wait the 72 hours, till the credit is back on the card, without a laptop let alone the same one.

Any suggestions to try to get them to give me immediate store credit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:41 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

daygo140 wrote:
Problem here is, I purchased it online and the store is telling me that the only thing they can do is credit my credit card, which takes 72 hours to post on my account.

I don't have enough credit to cover another laptop. So I'd have to wait the 72 hours, till the credit is back on the card, without a laptop let alone the same one.

Any suggestions to try to get them to give me immediate store credit?

No, I don't think that's how it works. I understand what your saying, heck who can afford to have 2 laptops on their charge that long?

They should do a repurchase in the store, even though it was bought online. I did this with a monitor at Circuit City, so I know it can be done- BB just doesn't want to.

But, when did you purchase it?
Quote:
You purchased the laptop a few days before the rebate started, is this what your saying?

Or is the rebate for store purchases only? I know the new ad started yesterday, but the rebate may start before that. Have you checked HP to see if they have the rebate online?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

They insist they can only credit the cc with Best Buy.com purchases. I'm going to call another location close to me to see what they have to say.

I purchased it on February 3, rebate is February 6 for online and store purchases. There was only a $50 rebate at the time of purchase.

I can try to send it in in hopes they oversee the date discrepency, but as we know they are like insurance companies and look for every loop hole to NOT give you the rebate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:03 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

It sounds like you want your cake and eat it too.

You want to return a perfectly good laptop to take advantage of a rebate you legitimately missed and you don't want to be inconvenienced with the transaction.

I say stop bitching and enjoy your laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:33 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Quote:

You want to return a perfectly good laptop to take advantage of a rebate you legitimately missed and you don't want to be inconvenienced with the transaction.

Ok should I call you a moron? Best Buy has a "price match" policy. Rebates APPLY to this policy. If the laptop were purchased in store, they would of kept the charge on my CC and gave me in store credit to purchase this same exact laptop back immediately and even printed the rebate forms at the register.

It's a bestbuy.com system breakdown.

So I guess it's moronic consumers like you who don't mind paying an extra 200 dollars for a product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:40 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Quote:
They insist they can only credit the cc with Best Buy.com purchases. I'm going to call another location close to me to see what they have to say.

I called Scranton, PA's Best Buy Store. Same thing it must be a company wide issue.

I called my credit union and they are going to give me a temporary credit line increase.

Thanks for all your help.

TIP: Do not buy expensive merchandise at BestBuy.com!

If this situation were different, and the laptop would of been broke, if you didn't have the credit left on your CC to purchase another laptop until the initial charge goes back on the CC you are screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:26 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

daygo140 wrote:
Quote:

Ok should I call you a moron?

Only if you wish to invoke a pot/kettle scenario.
daygo140 wrote:
Best Buy has a "price match" policy. Rebates APPLY to this policy. If the laptop were purchased in store, they would of kept the charge on my CC and gave me in store credit to purchase this same exact laptop back immediately and even printed the rebate forms at the register.

The point is you didn't purchase the laptop from a store you purchased it from bestbuy.com. And this is the detail you fail to comprehend: they are effectively two different entities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:13 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Quote:
The point is you didn't purchase the laptop from a store you purchased it from bestbuy.com. And this is the detail you fail to comprehend: they are effectively two different entities.

Ok "numbah one aware consumer" you go to the bestbuy.com website and tell me where it states that you cannot return items in the store to get in store credit without straining your eyes to find it, if it's even there.

You can buy stuff online at Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Office Max, and Staples and not have this situation.

You are something else. Remind me never to pick you to fight for Consumer Rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:18 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I don't understand why they are being asses. I don't think you want your cake & eat it too- you are entitled to that 30 day price match- this would piss me off.

I looked in the Sunday ad- it is a $200 rebate in store. Same model you got, just viewed the ad online- reg $1249.99, -$150 BB mail in rebate, -$50 HP mail in rebate. For that $200, I would order another, then give them back the 2nd one- excuse my french- fuck them.

oh, sorry, I must not have been fully awake this morning, I see you put everything in that 1st post. :oops:

good luck, let us know how you make out. Be sure to return it to the store & shove it up the managers.....well you know.

The customer is always right- funny, you don't see that any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:13 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Well my Credit Union informed me that they wouldn't increase the limit temporarily. Unfortunately I can't benifit from a rebate I rightfully deserve (because of the price match policy).

HELP SPREAD THE WORD about Less Buy and there corroded policies and disregard for building strong customer relationships.

For your pleasure I had added the email thread that I initiated to customer service at Less Buy. I removed the lengthy intro message, you can find it at the beginning of the thread.

If there is anything else you think I can do, hollah. And PLEASE help spread the word bout Less Buy!

Anthony,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your recent online order. I'm Jason with Customer Care.

We appreciate your concern about our return policies.

Since this was an online order your local store will not be able to provide a store credit. When returning a online purchase we must credit your purchasing credit card. We apologize for any inconvience this may have caused.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Jason and the Customer Care Team

TRACKING NUMBER: A00003862949-00013696098

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 07 Feb 05 07:00:48
To: customercare@bestbuy.com
Cc:
Subject: RE: BestBuy.com contact us information - Orders

Can I return it without going 3 days without a notebook? Apparently the only way to return a bestbuy.com purchase at the store is to credit your credit card account. I won't be able to repurchase it until the charge is returned on my card, this takes 72 hours.

Can you or your supervisor somehow give the Best Buy in Wilkes-Barre, PA authorization to give me store credit then I can immediately purchase another one? Or instruct them to just make a paper adjustment?

PLEASE! I do not have enough room on my credit card to be able to recharge another.

Thanks,

Anthony J. Dellarte Jr.

From: CustomerCare@bestbuy.com [mailto:CustomerCare@bestbuy.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 3:40 AM
To: ajjr@dellarte.us

Anthony,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your recent purchase. I'm Charles with Customer Care.

We appreciate your concern about a rebate.

Orders are eligible for rebates listed at the time of purchase. If a new rebate is offered during the return window for your product, the only way to receive it would be to return the item and place a new order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Charles and the Customer Care Team.

TRACKING NUMBER: A00003862949-00013693561

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:07 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Update on the email thread!

This is funny, either these foreigners are confused or I found a glitch in the Best Buy email reply system. Take note of the bolded text in their response...UN-fn'-believable!

Anthony,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your recent order. I'm Jason with Customer Care.

We are sorry that your experience with how many items we are able to reship was frustrating.

Best Buy strives to make each experience you have with us to be as positive and as fun as possible, and we are disappointed if we don't live up to that expectation. We have forwarded your message to the appropriate personnel for our internal review to help improve our products and services in the future.

Jason and the Customer Care Team

TRACKING NUMBER: A00003862949-00013702082

Sent: 07 Feb 05 16:43:16
To: CustomerCare@BestBuy.com
Cc:

So like I thought, there is nothing you can or will do. Well I'll be sure to post on every message board, forum, and send to everyone in my address books and make everyone of those people forward them this thread and tell them not to shop at Best Buy.

I will warn them not to buy at Best Buy, let alone online at bestbuy.com because this will happen, and that Best Buy doesn't care for Customer Relationships.

Quote:
We are sorry that your experience with how many items we are able to reship was frustrating.

What the hell did I have shipped? I have nothing more to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Anthony, I'm sorry but at this point I would have to return the laptop, then repurchase. Your talking about $200, which to me is a pretty good chunk of change. BB will loose here, then go and repurchase the laptop from the store or online, but have it shipped to the store. Screw them- get your rebate & leave them with a laptop that will cost them more than $200 to get ready to sell. Also go to Rip Off Report & Consumer Affairs- stick it to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:36 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

daygo140 wrote:
You are something else. Remind me never to pick you to fight for Consumer Rights.

Don't be a drama queen. This isn't about consumer rights, it's about life not being convenient enough for you when you attempt to exploit a rebate that was offered after a successful purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:23 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Skeksis wrote:
daygo140 wrote:

Don't be a drama queen. This isn't about consumer rights, it's about life not being convenient enough for you when you attempt to exploit a rebate that was offered after a successful purchase.

No Skeksis, have you ever worked in retail? It is not daygo asking for something he/she isn't entitled to, it's about Best Buy not honoring the 30 day price match guarantee. Best Buy now stands to lose money if he/she returns it, yet they don't want to do anything to not lose money and keep the customer happy. As I've said, I've done this at another store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:30 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hey Elvis or Thesauris or whatever your name is, STFU.

Everyone else, check this out!!!!

I figure I'd be picky 'bout the notebook. When you view it from the side you can see a spot that is bigger than 6 pixels (less than six passes inspection at HP). I called Best Buy customer service and told them I want a replacement. They said I can get one replaced at the store without messing around with my CC.

I went to the store. At first they insisted I couldn't do it without putting the credit back on the CC because it was a bestbuy.com order. I insisted they were wrong and the BB CS rep said I can get an immediate replacement without messing around with my CC. They got the manager, she ok'd it. I got a new laptop. Better yet GUESS what printed out of the register? REBATE RECEIPTS, and FORMS!!! Hell yah! $200 to be claimed by me. So kiss off Elvis. Thanks for helping Blondie.

I'd still be leary when purchasing online at bestbuy.com. Next time I'm going to go right to the store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:46 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

daygo140 wrote:

I went to the store. At first they insisted I couldn't do it without putting the credit back on the CC because it was a bestbuy.com order. I insisted they were wrong and the BB CS rep said I can get an immediate replacement without messing around with my CC. They got the manager, she ok'd it. I got a new laptop. Better yet GUESS what printed out of the register? REBATE RECEIPTS, and FORMS!!! Hell yah! $200 to be claimed by me. So kiss off Elvis. Thanks for helping Blondie.

I'd still be leary when purchasing online at bestbuy.com. Next time I'm going to go right to the store.

Good for you!!!! W00t!!!! Yippee!!!! Damn, I bet your glad it is over! So, the new receipt says today's date? Now, dot your i's and cross your t's, and be sure to make copies of everything you send & do not throw anything away, net even the Sunday Ad if you have it- if you don't print it from the web site.

Good luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:33 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Blondie wrote:
Skeksis wrote:
daygo140 wrote:

No Skeksis, have you ever worked in retail? It is not daygo asking for something he/she isn't entitled to, it's about Best Buy not honoring the 30 day price match guarantee. Best Buy now stands to lose money if he/she returns it, yet they don't want to do anything to not lose money and keep the customer happy. As I've said, I've done this at another store.

No Blondie, it's not about Best Buy honoring any guarantee. It is about him/her having to wait 72hrs for a refund for an online purchase, which is a decent turn-around time IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:32 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

daygo140 wrote:
I figure I'd be picky 'bout the notebook. When you view it from the side you can see a spot that is bigger than 6 pixels (less than six passes inspection at HP). I called Best Buy customer service and told them I want a replacement. They said I can get one replaced at the store without messing around with my CC.

Congratulations, you slide through on a technicality and your piss'n'moan attitude has been rewarded and reinforced, I'm sure you are a better person for it :roll: