Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Steam, your in my dog pound!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:55 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Oh yes THAT STEAM. I know what your thinking. What could steam have possibly have done to get on one of their most loyal customers bad sides? I'll tell you what. At approximately 10am central today I purchased Global Agenda for a mere $15 which his half off of it's normal price... then not two hours later it went on sale for $7.50. YOU OWE ME 7.50 STEAM. OH YES I KNOW YOU SAW ME BUY IT AND THEN PUT IT ON SALE JUST TO MAKE ME SAD! Also you let be buy Super Meat Boy and that game is @#$@ hard. What were you thinking? =/

Post subject: Re: Steam, your in my dog pound!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:48 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Contact Steam support and ask for a refund or something similar. Impulse buying, gotta love it.

Post subject: Re: Steam, your in my dog pound!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Well, I do have a beef with Steam, too, simply because I lost access to my email account (it was deleted because I actually abandon it). Anyway, even with proving that I bought the game with a reciept, and sending them a copy of the CD Key card, they still wouldn't "unregister" the game so I can associate it with a new working email account.

The game was the Orange Box, and things could have been worse, but it was only $30 that I'm out. It just sort of bothers me (I can understand why they do what they did, but still). I'm past it now, I mean it was only $30 and I was able to play the games while my email worked, which was for a good 6-8 months).

Lesson Learned: Transfer your steam account to a working email if you're deleting your old account (and deactivate your games if your doing a reinstall).

But on the flip side, this is ALWAYS going to happen especially in the computing industry. Like when I got a hard drive from a computer store, only to have it go on sale the next day for $20 cheaper. Or like when Igot my processor... my friend bought a Core 2 Duo E8400 for around $200, which at the time, was the right price. Three months later, I ended up getting a Q9550 for about $20 less than he paid for his dual core (needless to say, he was a little irritated), but my feeling is that sometimes you're gonna get a deal, and other times you're gonna pay a little more than others. I think it all works out in the end (like for me, when I paid an extra $20 for the drive because I didn't wait an extra day, but managed to save something like $80 on a quad core just by waiting 2-3 months and doing some research).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]