Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Logitech? C'mon!! G19 fails with X58, xfire, sli, etc...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Any of you with an X58 setup with the G19 probably have the same problem many of us over on the logitech forums are having as well. A simple search of G19 keyboard problems will bring you to the official thread- currently 18 pages long.

The short story is the G19, basically a 200 dollar gaming keyboard with flashy lights and an LCD screen, does not play well with others. Anything from overclocking, SLI, Xfire, plug and play... you name it has been blamed for the keyboard either sticking or missing keystrokes both during normal operations and in gaming. It has been enormously frustrating for gamers and normies alike.

Anyway- no fix is in sight but make sure if you're interested in this combination that you do your research! I plugged in my basic microsoft USB keyboard and it works fine. Consider yourself warned!

Eno

Post subject: Re: Logitech? C'mon!! G19 fails with X58, xfire, sli, etc...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:10 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I only have issues with the Logitech mice when SLI is enabled (multi clicking or just stalling for about 6 seconds), and I only use SLI when flying and the mouse is luckily not used a lot. FPS' seem to work just fine...so far. Just from observation, I believe it all comes down to the color LCD and the resources it uses. Some had issues with the G15's on X58's as well, but not with SLI and such.