Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Liteon support - hah!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:02 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I bought a Liteon lsc-24082k internal slimline drive meant for a laptop. I was having trouble figuring out how to plug the silly thing in or finding a cable or adapter that would work. I e-mailed the support/services of Liteon, and was told they don't carry info on that drive.

2nd e-mail, I went into more detail, thinking they had misunderstood me, or didn't understand the problem. Same answer, only in more detail, and suggestion I contact the vendor. Vendor said they don't have those cables/adapters, contact manufacturer. :roll:

3rd e-mail (after checking I had right address), apologized for bothering them, but did they know of ANYBODY who might know how to help me with this. I offered to pay somebody for their phone time, even. Reply: Liteon does not make the model I was referring to.

:?: :?: :?: :?: WTF :?: :?: :?: :?:

(sigh) They make decent enough optical drives. Now I know why they sell'em so cheap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:28 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/directron/cddvdadapter.html

i believe this is what you are looking for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:35 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Thanks maddingo, exactly what I was looking for. Bookmarking that site for future reference. Now why couldn't Liteon refer me to something like this?

Oh well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:56 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

whitecree wrote:
Thanks maddingo, exactly what I was looking for. Bookmarking that site for future reference. Now why couldn't Liteon refer me to something like this?

Oh well...

:D kewl glad to help... not sure why liteon couldn't tell you that's all you need to get the thing working? i honestly haven't ever needed to deal with their tech support... but when i looked at their page about that drive they didn't seem to intend that drive for retail channels perhaps that's why they were reluctant to support it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:42 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Quite possible, as there doesn't seem to be any way of buying anything directly from them, and they were quite insistent on my contacting my vendor.

Now, just to make me feel a fool...

I finally stripped the old optical drive out. Since it is a laptop gadget in a desktop, it was built into a cage. I took the cage apart and what do I find... :oops: the adapter was built into the cage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:16 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

whitecree wrote:
Quite possible, as there doesn't seem to be any way of buying anything directly from them, and they were quite insistent on my contacting my vendor.

Now, just to make me feel a fool...

I finally stripped the old optical drive out. Since it is a laptop gadget in a desktop, it was built into a cage. I took the cage apart and what do I find... :oops: the adapter was built into the cage

:D :D :D YES !!! well on the upside you do not have to buy one now :D