Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Prolink (video cards)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:49 pm 

I have had some problems with a few companies and online retailors in the past, nothing a few e-mails or phone calls didn't fix so in the end everything turned out great. But these guys respong to one or two emails then ignore me for weeks until I email again. I have emailed them over a dozen times and they simply uignore me. I find that to be bad business. Here's a rundown of the problem. I bought a video card at a computer show, the heatsink was broken and there was nothing I could do about returning it since it was from a show. Anyway I ended up junking the heatsink and it seams I cannot for the life of me find an aftermarket heatsink that will fit on this particular card. Its an FX 5700. I asked them a few times if it was powssible to purchase a heatsink or if they could tell me what others would work and I get absolutely no answer. GRRR BTW here is the card in question.

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=519

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:50 am 

My god, I got a reply, unfortunatly the guy does not seam to speak english very well. Also they do not like to read e-mails before responding to them. Here is my original e-mail, below it is the response and below that will be my second response.

Me

Hello,

I e-mailed someone at tech support regarding this matter quite a few times and have yet to receive a response. I have a Prolink Pixelview PDF video card. The model in question is this one. The heatsink was broken when I bought the card and I cannot seam to find an aftermarket heatsink that fits. Is it possible to get another one or possibly to send it in for RMA repair. I bought the card at a MarketPro computer show over a year ago and its been sitting here ever since. Unfortunatly you do not get a receipt from computer shows so I cannot simply bring it back. I e-mailed you guys over a dozen times trying to resolve this matter,Please get back to me as soon as humanly possible.

Response

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your choosing Prolink.
Have you checked the card on another motherboard?
Does it work?
If it doesn’t work, please contact your local angeny where you bought the card to make a fix.
Or you can see the agency list from the fallow site.
http://www.prolink.com.tw/2003/buy.htm

Best regards,

Prolink R&D Field Technical Support Engineer
Prolink Microsystems Corp.
6F ,No 349, Yang-Kuang St.,Nei-Hu, Taipei, Taiwan,R.O.C
Tel : 886-2-26591588 Fax : 886-2-26591599
WWW : http://www.prolink.com.tw

My response to this bonehead

I'm sorry to be blunt but did you actually read the e-mail before replying? It has no heatsink, it is not a compatibility problem. Also I mentioned that the place I bought my card friom was a computer show, not a store.

I wanna kill some of these people. From now on Im not buying weird branded items no matter how good or cool they look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:51 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Just get some thermal glue and stick another one on there :D

And I suspect that was an automated message you got in return, gotta love those!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:13 pm 

problem is the mounting points on this card are weird so I can't use a regular aftermarket cooler, are you telling me to glue one on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:32 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Not just any old glue THERMAL glue like here http://www.1coolpc.com/adhesive.htm