Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Asus has me very concerned. (RMA+Customer Support)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:10 pm 

Hey guys,
Well I RMA'd my G71GX laptop due to random power loss. This is the first time ive worked with Asus support, and all I have nothing good to say about it. This was a HUGE disappointment in regards to their customer care. Heres the just of it...

-Got RMA support and set up FedEx pick up.
-FedEx picked up on the 12th of August
-FedEx delivered to ASUS service center on 16th of August.
-The 20th rolls by and I havent seen anything change on the "Online RMA Status Repair tool" The laptop is shown as "Not Received". This is 5 days after FedEx delivered to ASUS.
-Made a call to Asus to inquire. I was told that the system was "probably not updated." Was told to call in another 24hrs.
-Called ASUS on the 21st, and informed that it has not been received/updated into system. Informed to call in another 24hrs.
-Checked the "Online RMA Status Repair tool" today (22nd) and is still shown as "Not Received." In fact they even messed up my laptop serial-code according to this Status Tool. One character in the code is wrong. I make sure I read the code twice over to them over the phone both in literal terms and in phonetics terms.

I just called ASUS and ask to speak to an on-shift supervisor. Of course, this person was not available at the moment. I explained to the gentlemen that I need to know if this laptop was received or not. I asked him if the person who signed for it "VIA FedEx tracking" was a legit authorized signer at ASUS. He put me on hold for about 10minutes and told me that "Yes the laptop is here %100, and yes the person who signed for it was legit at ASUS."

This man on the phone seemed very anxious to get rid of me, and seemed very short answered/very nervous. I called back to speak to another member and cross-referance that information that he had given me. This member told me that the Laptop is shown as never received according to the system. I asked him if there was ANY other way in finding out if my laptop had made it there and is in their inventory. He said there was no other way to do this except through their system being updated. This VOIDS everything the previous man had told me of my laptop being in their posession "%100."

This is a huge headache. I feel like a school-teacher chasing elementary students around to make sure that their homework assignments are done. No one with common-sense and runs a business SIGNS for a package and disregards it like trash with no archiving/documenting/tracking of some sort. I hope to have this matter resolved very soon as my computer technology college course starts this september.

Any advice would be WELL appreciated. I know for SURE that I am not the only one who has been mislead by this ASUS RMA kindergarden BS.
Thanks guys,

Jared

Post subject: Re: Asus has me very concerned. (RMA+Customer Support)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:06 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I would call them back. Explain what you found out, that one phone monkey said it was received and that a second one said it wasn't. Then demand to speak to a supervisor right now to get this straightened out or else you will start calling up the line of supervision.
Also threaten to send emails the corporate entities of ASUS.
You can't be meek with those guys. Don't be loud or abusive but do not back down if they say 'he isn't available right now'.