Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Zonealarm for Windows 7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm 

Not sure how much this is my fault or not. But I bought a bran new PC and installed Zonealarm along with tons of other stuff. I would start getting blue screens every once and awhile sometimes it would be like clockwork about every 10minutes. I ended up taking the laptop back to best buy and this time I didn't have time to configure it for a couple weeks. Once I did get the time which was a long process as I like to tweak everything. It started happening again but less frequent. Then it started occuring almost everday. After numerous hours researching I finally found it was the software. Yet I couldn't find anything on Zonealarms website.

So is this typical with windows software depending on various computers? That mainly feeds off the OS not hardware?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I have Zone Alarm on my Windows 7 Pro

Zone Alarm 9.1.007.002 and I don't get bluescreens. I have ZoneAlarm on my Windows 7 Computer and my Windows XP computers and no problem.

What Windows 7 do you have starter, Home, Pro, etc.

Post subject: I've used zonealarm for all my computers to
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:47 am 

I have used zonealarm on all my computers in the past to. Me, XP, Vista infact 5 computers in total without any problems. So not sure why this had such a big issue. I ended up figuring it out by finding someone that said it had issues with windows 7. I uninstalled it and goodby all my bluescreens. This computer model which is an Asus G73Jh had a lot of issues blue, white screens when it came out. Which I was one of the first ones to get them. Best buy still had on there site that it was coming soon.