Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bigpoint online games belongs in the pound litter box
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

As a warning to all:

Bigpoint is a gaming company out of Germany. They are partially owned by Universal and have an 'office' in California now. They market many 'free to play' games that start free but rapidly get enormously expensive.

I play battlenet and Xbox Live a lot and over the years have ran into similar situations before but not in this way. Simply the company doesnt give a flying banana about the customers. There are cheats and hacks all over the games. Its so bad they finally had to delete the #1 player because he accomplished a part of the game in such a short amount of time it was blatant that he was cheating.

What makes it bad is the company allows the cheating because it makes them money. You see you pay to repair your ships. If a player kills a lot of others while cheating money gets spent on repairs. So there is no incentive to help the players getting the wrong side of the cheat. You can send pictures and hypercams of the events but support will just send bot responses that its an online game and the server doesnt allow cheating. A simple peep at the top players who are all in the same group shows the bias as that group is not #1 overall in the game.

What busted me is not the cheating or insane chat mods, forum mods who make the threads in the forum insanely difficult to get answers as they close posts and try to make info posts 1 or 2 responses so you get to read 100's of seperate posts or even the emails from support that denied any responsibility. What pissed me off was the game stealing money out of my account. It seems that they like to add items to the online auction at different times of the day with no warning. When the game glitched it took funds from me that I didnt authorize. Neither chat, forums (forums are broken and have been torched since thursday) or the three useless clowns in support will do anything to help. They say there is no way to return my money at all.

With this company you will get no help at all. What you see is what you get if you have a problem you are on your own. They basically slam the door in your face in a one sentence response of 'we have your money and thats it complain and we will ban your account.'

Be warned once you invest the time and money into the game this is not the response you want to receive. Also be forewarned that when there is a problem detected a new TOS will show up and the only way to get in is to accept it. I am warning everyone about them and if someone wants to see the cool emails I have gotten from these 'experts at customer service' I can provide them. Understand also that I have been on over a year and a half and am in the top ranked clan. Everyone is dropping and the game is dying now. They effectively killed it with these actions.

The real burn is these are the people producing the Battlestar Galactica game and will be pulling the same stunts.

V