Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: newegg rma with ram
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:27 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

So i had a kingston ddr 400 stick die because of a new abit board. Ok so I get an RMA for a repair for it...

Send it and 3 weeks later I get the same dead stick. So now I'm delayed a month in my ability to get my second computers ram RMA'ed too...and have to believe that they'll actually get me a working stick now.

Gee thanks asshats. Plus they didn't respond to an email so I had to call now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:20 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Dude, all orders have to be placed online, 24/7.

</equally unhelpful response>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:55 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Well so I decided to call since they took so long to respond to email.

"What is the problem"
Uhh the ram I RMAed is the same unworking stick i sent
"So what is wrong?"
It doesn't work
"Oh i'll issue a new RMA"
Will I get the same stick back again?
"Well we will have to replace it instead of repair"
Why wouldn't repair fix the non working stick in the first place
"Please Hold"

Celine dion music...

"Here is your number, I'll forward to email"
Thanks

Ok then I finally get an email response from newegg, comedy option here.

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately the email address you wrote us from is not your Newegg login and you did not supply us with customer number or order number. Consequently we cannot access your account or provide you with a more personal and immediate resolution. Please reply to this email with either the Sales Order number, login/email address used to create the account We will then be able to further assist you. Or, if this is a pressing issue and needs to be resolved quickly we suggest you call our customer service department at 800-390-1119 and speak with one of our agents and they will be able to assist you.

Regarding your request, we will issue another RMA for a replacement. However, we do understand your situation. We would like to offer you a credit up to $8 for your return shipping as one time exception. Please reply to us, then we will arrange this for you. Thank you for your understanding.

So basically though I log in with that email to order, receive invoices there, and such...they don't see that my email has an account? Maybe i just imaginarily ordered stuff and didn't know then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:09 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I had an issue with newegg a few months back (don't get me wrong, 95% of the time I love the assholes) where I ordered a part and they denied my debit card (bank error, check still hand't cleared). So, think this was an error, since the bank's website said I had well over what the part costed, I tried again: denied. Two more times: denied. I cancelled all the orders. A few days later, I go to make a withdrawl to pay my tuition.

"I'm sorry sir, it appears your account has a negative balance."

"WHA!?!?!?!"

Newegg waited a few days and tried to place my order again, this time it had went through...all four of them went through. I contacted newegg and bitched for a little while and got them to reverse the charges, however, it would take up to 5 business days. Well fucking wonderfull, however, I was assessed an overdraft fee for 2 of the four charges, so I'm also out 80 bucks there chief!

"I apologize for this inconvenience sir, we'll see what we can do."

*click*

Never got the 80 bucks back...do you know how much Ramen a college kid can buy for 80 bucks? I could eat for a month on 80 bucks!