Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Velocity Micro Desktop Problems
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:21 pm 

In mid-February I bought a computer from Velocity Micro. In the two months since, the operating system has failed five times. Twice after the Welcome screen no action was possible, clicking-on anything caused no action. The computer was frozen. Three time after the welcome screen the monitor went blank and remained that way.

As I had made a Win 7 rescue disc immediately after the receipt of the computer and also a backup, I was able to restore the computer each time.

I think five failures of a new computer in two months indicates basic faults and I have so explained to Velocity Micro suggesting that they replace the O/S drive with a new Win 7 on it. I haven't received an answer or a call-back in the week or ten days since. So I add poor Customer Service to my complaint.

GG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

They may have no real data or complaint from you to respond to. The way I read it, you've told a professional PC builder what they need to fix instead of the symptoms you're seeing and allowing them to find what's really wrong.

The OS (Windows) hasn't failed. If it has, it's Microsoft's problem and that can take time for them to communicate before coming to a solution and then get back to you. But they first need to know what's wrong vise "windows is broke, fix it". The drive isn't broke either, so it doesn't need replaced either. At least no reason to believe that is has given 5 freezes in two months. It's like taking a car that won't start to the shop, telling them the starter is broke, fix it...when the engine is seized. Sure they can fix the starter, but that ain't the problem. Happens all the time.

What they need is a call, tell them your symptom (not the problem), simply allow them to ask questions, give simple answers, they'll try to help over the phone. Basically the same ritual we have here in the Free Clinic. If they can't help you by the end of the call, you WILL get trouble ticket and possibly an RMA number. With that trouble ticket, you're free to call back and ask for a status update at any time. But it's my opinion, no trouble ticket was even started. There may be a problem they can fix, but it needs to be handled in an orderly fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:50 am 

Thanks for your interest, whoever posted a reply.

I have had a ticket explaining the problem with my computer on Velocity Micro since April 8th and expanded upon on April 10th and was informed that it would be answered in due course but it hasn't been so far.

I have however spoken more recently with a Velocity Micro technical support representative who was most concerned with my situation. His explanation was that the Windows 7 operating was initially corrupted and needs to be replaced or reinstalled as I thought.

The corruption was saved in every backup that I made so that the problem recurred everytime I reverted to a backup.