Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell Outsourcing......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:28 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Ok I call Dell Support yesterday because I had a question on my LCD, after seeing the commerical when the guys wakes up and calls the tech support @ Dell I decided to give it a try and behold a got so dude in Pakistan...VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! I had to re4peat myself like 15 times because he didnt understand what I was saying and I didnt understand him. SO finally I just hung up on him (I guess Im a bad sport) and I call BFG Tech Support, when the American guy answered I asked him if they had support in any other countries he said NO, man I was happy. After thanking him like 10000 times for speaking clear english and not making it so obvious that he was reading from a book, we got my problem fixed.
Its sad when big companies outsource to save money, all they are doing IMO is hurting thier reps.

Last edited by RickRock on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:09 am 
Team Member
Team Member

You should give Dell some kind of nasty award, or something.
You know, for sucking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:12 am 
Klamath
Klamath

I think they save their american tech support for companies since most of their money comes from those sales.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:50 pm 

I know the feeling Rick.. it seems like no matter who we call these days it's somebody that pronunciates worse than my 4 yr. old nephew. I think in the future when dealing with companies I'm going to ask in advance if they outsource their support and not deal with those that do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:05 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

foregetfull wrote:
I know the feeling Rick.. it seems like no matter who we call these days it's somebody that pronunciates worse than my 4 yr. old nephew. I think in the future when dealing with companies I'm going to ask in advance if they outsource their support and not deal with those that do.

Well I know afer talking to the tech guys @ BFG I'll stay with them for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:44 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

OtterFisker wrote:
I think they save their american tech support for companies since most of their money comes from those sales.......
Even that's a mixed bag. There have been times I've gotten an American and others I've gotten someone from India/Pakistan. Tenet, the company that owns our hospital, buys most of their PC's from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:50 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

OtterFisker wrote:

Yeaj the company I work for is a "Fortune1000" and we buy from Dell. When we call Customer Service the call gets answered in less than a minute by a person who speaks fluent English. Special phone extension required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:53 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I have 90% DELLs at work, and I do believe that they reserve the North American support to corporate customers. Any time I have called them, it has always been a person that can speak clear English. I guess DELL figures they would loose their corporate customers if they had to translate the English that comes from outsourcing. I think it is a disgrace when companies outsource their phone support to foreign countries. They charge enough for their PCs, you would think they can treat their customers to good phone support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:09 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

And the bad thing about it is that nothing will be done about it. If Kerry would have been elected he said he would pentalize compaines that outsourse their jobs, even though it sounded good, the only people that would have really been taxed if the consumers. All these companies would have done is raise their prices, and companies like Dell, Gateway, Compaq know that the consumer will still pay. Its bad when outsourceing it getting worse. There was a thing on the news where they interviewed a rep from a software company, they asked him about why they outsource their jobs and he said that in the long run its providing cheaper products and more jobs for the US. I hate to see what the future holds for people that go out and get their A+, Net+, and all other certifations along with degrees in various computer related fields. In Cali along there aee alot of college grads that cant even get a job in techsupport because most of te jobs are outsourced. Its just plain sad.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:43 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

It's funny 'cause I was reading an article today about how Mikey Dell is so proud that all of his company's work is localized... :P He obviously forgot to think about phone support when he made that comment, or purposefully left it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:20 pm 

almost all computer related or electronics companies are moving support or manufscturing overseas. it sucks big time. one cause its so hard to understand them, and two cause we are losing our jobs.

I work at Motorola and i can tell you we hate our overseas branches, hell some of the numbers i have to call for work we get india. and its so hard talking to them. but everyone wants max profits over customer service.

pretty soon, the stickers will say designed in America if were lucky, but i fear in the next 10-20 years it will be gone. and everything designed and built overseas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:58 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Please, write Dell a letter and tell them how unhappy you were and how you had to go elsewhere for support.

Post subject: Dell vs. Ordinary guy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:13 pm 

Hi, I am new here.
Dell is one of the reasons I decided to built my own computer.
Their customer service is very bad. But they do not care about ordinary buyers. THey tried but failed in moving corporate support to India. Companies gave them to much heat. So, if you have Dell in your office and work for big company everything is fine. BUT if you are ordinary guy ...just forget it. They dont care.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Dell takes advantage of people that don't know any better.

There will always be a company like dell, just like there will always be morons roaming the earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:14 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

yo_man_will@hotmail.com wrote:
Dell takes advantage of people that don't know any better.

There will always be a company like dell, just like there will always be morons roaming the earth.

like urslef :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:47 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Yes I too was a moron. Now, I think I'm at the level of semi capable computer user. I have came a long ways since then...I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:45 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

OtterFisker wrote:

Dell moved their business ech support back to the Americas last year because of all the problems that were encountered. The key word in this sentence is the Americas, meaning you can still end up getting a non english speaking country for support - I know as I have spoken to a few Raouls, Robertos and Paulos over the past year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:31 am 
Klamath
Klamath

I dodn't understand why you have to try to translate what the person is trying to tell you first, but I guess that's business. I did once call Tech Support for something and an a person from India/Pakistan came on, I had a hard time understanding him, but once I did he help me solve my problem pretty darn fast. Very smart person, but very frustrating to understand him. I would take a person like that over a person who did know sh*t. However, I would rather take a person I could understand and could solve my problem over the hard to understand person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:43 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Why don't some of you who work for companies that have special extension so they can get thru to english speaking techs just use them and post them here so others can get thru to, or is that a no no? KOMM~VS~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

KOMMANDER wrote:
Why don't some of you who work for companies that have special extension so they can get thru to english speaking techs just use them and post them here so others can get thru to, or is that a no no? KOMM~VS~

Becasue that is for a higher more expensive level of support (Gold) and they would know you did not have it the second you gave them the serivce tag or express service code from your system. You would then be asked to call the regualr support number or they would transfer you to India themselves.