Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Laptop complete failure
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 pm 

Well, again I am debating on steering far FAR away from Asus laptops in the future.

Awhile ago I posted on here that I was having issues with my Asus G71 laptop (random and INSTANT power loss)
I received my laptop after an RMA, and everything worked just fine. They had noted that they replaced the mobo and GPU. (Probably bc they had no idea wtf was wrong). Too bad they gave me a laptop with no bluetooth..ya know..Since it ORIGINALLY came with a bluetooth device! (WTF)

I am 8 weeks into my IT program, and guess what? MORE problems... For the past 2 weeks, the screen will randomly compose vertical lines, which went away after readjustment of the screen tilt. TODAY, while prepping for my exam in OS and Hardware lab, my laptop wont boot... The screen shows nothing, no Asus "Republic of Gamers" default boot noise or anything. I tried again to boot it, and *SNAP*... Something shorted for sure...

Now... Laptop will not power up, no lights, no power what so ever...

Hello RMA again... glad to work with you for another 6-8 weeks while Asus beats around the bush while I am in exam week...