Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A Tale of Two Companies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

some of you who also browse the folding forum may have noticed this post.

well I would like to discuss my RMA experience with the two companies

both my power supply and video card were shipped on the same day (DEC 2) and arrived at their respective locations on the same day (DEC 8th).

this is where the difference came.

My video card was made by EVGA and on the next day (DEC 9) I got an email with UPS tracking number saying when I could expect my new card. In fact just an hour ago the UPS guy showed up and I now have my new card. In fact the replacement card is a "Superclocked" version whereas the original ran on stock clocks.

My PSU was made by PC Power & Cooling, and the experience couldn't be more different. I saw from the UPS site that the unit had been delivered, but on the RMA page from OCZ (who handles the customer support for PC Power & Cooling) it said it hadn't arrived yet. days went by and still no update, by this time my "trouble ticket", the temporary customer support account they give you, had expired so I couldn't inquire about it any further. I had to make a new trouble ticket to ask about my old one, it was nuts. and to top it off it's been two days and they haven't responded yet. I just decided call their tech support number and ask what was going on but that didn't work either as nobody picked up the phone. I tried reaching the tech support line no less than 6 times over a 3 hour period, and not once did anybody pick up. That is just inexcusable for a business. So I had to call the sales line just so I could get a hold of somebody. thankfully they were able to help me out. it turns out they did have my unit but had not done anything with it in the week it had been at their shop. it wasn't until my call earlier today that they got around to doing something with it. I check my RMA lookup page now and it says that it was received on 12/15, which is of course, a joke. The fact that they only sprung into action after I called and complained leaves me wondering when I would have got my unit if I hadn't. as of now they say I will get my unit on Friday, we'll see.

this is not a commentary on the quality of PC Power & Cooling or EVGA components, merely of their customer support.

I give EVGA 5 stars

PCP&P (OCZ) gets 2, and that's only if they manage to get me my part by friday, or else its 1/5 stars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:39 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

PCP&C has definitely changed over the past two years since becoming part of OCZ Technology Group. They no longer sell PSUs directly to end users, but to resellers only. While OCZ seems to honor their rebates (I have successfully submitted and received two rebate claims over the past year and a half), I have noticed that they are getting away from manufacturing PSUs with single
+12V rails that are capable of supplying 47-60 amps on said rail. Even NewEgg's selection of PCP&C supplies has dwindled to a mere 3 or 4 choices in recent months. In contrast, Corsair's available PSU choices seem to be plentiful on NewEgg's site, and I recently had to RMA one of Corsair's 650 W PSUs--the process from the day I shipped the defective PSU to Corsair (via UPS) to the day I received a brand new replacement PSU was fifteen days!!! I am impressed with Corsair's product quality and support!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:13 am 
Million Club 5+ [PC]*
Million Club 5+ [PC]*

Just got the tracking number for my replacement PSU. it won't arrive until Monday (12/21)

yeah..... 1 star :evil: