Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: +1 for Logitech
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 pm 

A few months ago my G5 mouse started randomly changing dpi settings and then disconnecting from my computer. I called up Logitech support and I must say I was pleased with the experience:

1. Short phone menu. I had to go through only 3 options.
2. Short wait time. And by short, I mean as soon as I clicked the third option, I was immediately connected to a CSR.
3. CSR was polite.
4. Their warranty was amazing. For one thing, it lasts for three years instead of the usual two. Secondly, since the G5 is no longer produced, they upped me to the G500 which has a much better laser, dual-mode scroll wheel, heavier weights and an extra button on the side.
5. Overnight shipping+tracking
6. At no cost

I was actually really surprised with the service. Their web site doesn't say "zomg we're #1 in customer service ratings" or anything, and before this I had never actually gotten something out of a CSR regarding a warranty. She didn't try to squirm out of the warranty or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:24 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I usually use the email support. With reputable brands, getting a warranty replacement through email support is much easier. Glad it worked out for you. I myself put all my eggs with logitech and own a G5 and G11 for my setup, and I must say I'm quite happy with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

I'll second that. My Logitech Z5500 speakers have been going strong since August 2005.(through at least 1 full-volume-boost 11-run on New Year's Eve,and moving to and from 2 different apartments.)

4 1/2 years and they're still kicking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Yeah Logitech so far has been very good one of the best companies I've deal to with. I bought a Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard but I bought it from Fry's Electronics which is roughly 3 hours away and it finally died on me instead of me going back to Fry's. I wrote to Logitech and I got a replacement of the G19 coming already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:54 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Logitech as a brand = amazing. some of Logitech products = Fail (G7)

I called them in june, to get my G7 replaced (random freeze problem). Got a new one in 3 weeks (Mouse went to IL, I was in KY). That one worked for a month and a half, They said return it, we'll send out a G9. Too bad I lost the receiver!

My G500 is amazing, and if my Ctrl Key worked on my G15 First Gen, I'd still be rocking it (I would send it in, but its been opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:10 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I have Logitech for my keyboard (MX3000), mouse (MX1000) and speakers (Z5500). The mouse went nuts but they replaced it fast.