Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell the dog..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 am 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Dell pissed me off, so here I am to vent. I will take partial blame for the initial problem, but thats it. The rest is all on Dell.

Customer wants to order computer. Doesnt have all cash up front, wants to make payments. Not a problem, order from dell, add small markup and use my charge account with them. No interest, so im good. Computer was needed for DVD burning, ripping, converting and some gaming. Ordered a Dimension 3000, upgraded RAM and monitor for him. Came to $699. Not to overly priced comared to what i could have built it for. I went with the 3ghz P4, 512mb DDR, 80gig, 19" monitor, XP Home. Computer arrived today, popped side off to put customer vid card in and there was no AGP slot. That sucked. This is where i take partial blame, i guess I should have made sure my computer that was manufactured in 2005 came with an AGP slot. I can understand ripping features off a board for price, like PCI and RAM, but to not leave an AGP slot there is ridiculous.

So i called Dell, not looking forward to talking to the guy from India. 23 minutes later i hung up. Will need to call back after 7pm when I have free minutes and can afford to sit on hold for that long. Again and again while im on hold they tell me i can get a faster response by visiting there online support or chat. So i go through all the steps to goto chat, ends up directing me to return section where i have to send an email. It then says Thank You, we are extremely busy and you should receive a response within 48 hours.

That just made me more pissed. All I want to do is send this shitbox back and get something with an AGP slot. I didnt realize they had so many problems with there computers that they are behind on there email by 2 days. And referring customers to there website because its faster, with a 48 hour wait time, makes me wonder how long im going to sit on hold tonight when i call back.

Yes, i understand what the 48 hours means. Yes, i have an idea why they are so busy. Im just venting and i cant vent to my 2 year old, he just says "No No" and hits the dogs when i get mad.

So I will call them back, sit on hold, push 1 for English and get conneted to a guy that barely speaks it. I will do this because at this point I have no other choice. I cant go to the company directly and complain, I cant get what I want right now, so i will just sit back, get the KY out and wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:11 am 

I feel for you I had the same type of situation when I got back into the non Amiga croud, and it took me quite a while and alot of phone calls and a few e-mails to the BBB to finnally get HELL to take back my puter. I ordered a Hell special because at the time computers were still relativley overpriced and Hell had the best deal anywhere, but when I wanted to upgrade my computer a few months later I called dell and asked them for a graphics card for my puter. I knew the type of card I wanted and asked them if it would work with my computer and they said yes , but when I recieved the card I found out it was to big for the case and was told I needed a small form factor card. So I looked and looked and nobody had these cards not even dell and to make a long story short I can't believe anybody was low enough to sell someone a computer you couldn't upgrade. Sounds kida like what they did to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:48 pm 

Dear Rick,

Thank you for choosing Dell's Online Customer Care Support,

You can return the computer and order a new one.

Thank you,

Chris Coburn
Dell Special Case Manager
Online Escalation Team.
For future questions please feel free to visit us at

EDIT***Now i need to get them to send me UPS labels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:24 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Rick, off subject , but I thought you might want to know, if you dont already, Stanford has published its first paper on cancer research utililizing Folding@ Home.....God Bless

FOLD UNTIL A CURE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:16 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Sorry to hear you've got this added stress in your life. Hopefully, you will get satisfaction, but be prepared not to. Find Dell's warrenty page & fully read it, they legally can give you a refurb for that new box. The refurb may not even be a Dimension 3000, could be any refurb of similar value.

I would return it for credit, then if you have to order Dell, reorder paying attention to AGP slot.

Good luck Rick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:33 am 

I have a few customers to go see today, im going to try some of that sales stuff and see what I can do, lol. Id rather sell it off today and not have to worry about returning and reordering anything. Ive got $699 into the whole setup, so ill see how good I am. Hard to sell something for that price when you know its not worth it.

I was tempted to keep it for myself, the 96mb of vid RAM it has will prolly work for BHD and RVS, 2 main games I play. There are just too many things I dont like about it. One, the 19" monitor looks like its shading the desktop, like the grey tool bars seem shaded or have millions of tiny dots. Second, they have a whopping 250w PSU. Third, they completely removed the floppy drive bracket and only have 1 HDD bracket, so no room for upgrades there. 3 PCI slots, 4x USB. If it only had an AGP slot...lol....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:26 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

sounds like a total POS to me.

BOYCOTT DELL

EDIT...found a link
LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:05 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I'm with you. One of my fondest wishes is that Dell vanishes from the face of the earth without a trace.

:?:

Hey, maybe this why customer support comes from India...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:01 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

ricksickle wrote:
Id rather sell it off today and not have to worry about returning and reordering anything. Ive got $699 into the whole setup, so ill see how good I am. Hard to sell something for that price when you know its not worth it.

Well, how about returning it & not getting another one? Build the guy a box or order from cyber power or I buy power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:48 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

ricksickle wrote:
I was tempted to keep it for myself, the 96mb of vid RAM it has will prolly work for BHD and RVS, 2 main games I play.

You too, huh? As far as BHD goes, what public servers, if any, do you play on and under what name? I usually frequent the Aidid and Nightstalker maps myself.

Are you in a BHD squad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:52 pm 

I started out on the =]KB[= squad, then we broke apart and we started WFa. Lately we havent played much BHD, more RVS, then got into BF1942. We are a pretty close squad, 7 or 8 of us. Been together since the beginning. If we get bored with a game, we switch to something else, or something new. Been alot of fun. Currently were playin BF1942 and talking about getting BF2. Usually have a server up for RVS, BHD and 1942 tho. We also dabble with CS source, serious sam and UT. Always something fun and differnet, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:57 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Yet another reason to build your own custom PC........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:25 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

if u talk to a guy from india, he speaks eighter hindi or urdu, tell him

" TU HARAMI HO MERA COMPUTER WAPAS LO"

translation:

u bastard company take the computer back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:37 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

There's a post on another forum I mostly lurk at- a lady bought a Dell for her daughter for Christmas, it didn't come with what it was supposed to. The lady isn't very computer literate, but she'd better get her ass in gear to get it returned or she'll have to keep it.

Dell sent the wrong computer--and no one will reply

You have to wonder though, why can't she get a hold of anyone?

Thankfully, I've never delt with Dell.