Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hmmm....this may get some poeple mad.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:08 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Hey. First of all I don't have this problem so I'm not complaining but I can see that some readers may get pissed off if they buy teh newstand version with a DVD instead of a CD and they dont have DVDROM. After all you ARE paying a lot for the content.

Get my meaning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:41 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

joshnorem wrote:
We're not trying to screw the subscribers or anything, we just had too many games to put on a CD so we did a one-shot DVD for the holidays. Unfortunately, the rules prevent us from offering it to subscribers.

However, it'd make sense if they offered the DVD-ROM option for new subs (if they don't alreadyoffer it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:27 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

That's beside the point. I'm saying:

Say i am not subscribed to MPC. I go up to a newstand and say "Oh that looks liek a nice Magazine plus it comes with a CD" So you slap down 9 bucks for it which is quite a lot for a mag.

You get home put the CD which is actually a DVD into your CD drive becasue you dont own a DVD drive and it does not work.

I don't have this issue but I'm sure others do and you shoudl make BOTH options. I know that PC GAMER offers a CD and a no cd version of their mag. I think you may be able to offer a DVD or a CD and possibly even a no cd version for the pope who are just intereted in the magazine itself.

Note that i rarely see the PCG no cd version but i bought one once in a new york airport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:44 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

For anyone who reads this thread and who bought the issue with the DVD and they don't actually have a DVD player (hard to imagine someone buying Maximum PC without a DVD player these days but I suppose they could confuse Maximum PC with PC Novice if their got their left contact lens mixed up with their right one), they can e-mail us with their real mailing address at dischelp@maximumpc.com. We'll send them the CD for that issue. It has less game demos of course than the DVD, but they'll be able to use it in their ancient optical drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:01 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Not trying to pick nits or anything, but when I bought my mag, it quite clearly said it was a special dvd issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:21 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

The newsstand DVD-only December issue clearly says on the packaging that it contains a DVD. No where on the bag does it say that it includes a CD.

///Will