Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A note to readers about the December disc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:30 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:31 pm
Posts: 1366
hey everyone,

Just letting you know ahead of time that the December issue that goes to subscribers includes a CD per the subscription agreement, but newstand copies have a DVD.

We're not trying to screw the subscribers or anything, we just had too many games to put on a CD so we did a one-shot DVD for the holidays. Unfortunately, the rules prevent us from offering it to subscribers.

However, if you would like a DVD and are a subscriber, just email me your info and I'll be happy to send one out. It has rougly the same apps/utilities as the CD but it has 12 game demos as opposed to two on the CD.

Happy Holidays,

Josh


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:27 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:01 am
Posts: 8091
Can I have one? My mailman did a bad thing to my issue.

j/k .. I don't want or need one. But there will be a thread about this months bout of "printing errors" :wink:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:40 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:58 am
Posts: 6498
Location: I live on the verge of insanity
damn your mailman and his sick fetish :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:43 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 am
Posts: 7159
Location: In HyperTransport
it wasnt his mailman! i just recieved this months issue and low and behold the same thing happened to a page on my issue. i'm not gonna send it back or anything but it was interesting to know that. for the brains at maxpc: look into your printers' quality control. its like while the ink was wet someone let water drip on it and run down. i dunno but it seems to be happening to more then one person so maybe people outside the forum have the same deal going on? maybe just something to look into if it really does happen to more people then just myself and urmumsacow.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:51 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:01 am
Posts: 8091
drainbread wrote:
damn your mailman and his sick fetish :lol:


It's worse than you think, his desires have turned sinister :shock:

gramaton cleric wrote:
it wasnt his mailman! i just recieved this months issue and low and behold the same thing happened to a page on my issue. i'm not gonna send it back or anything but it was interesting to know that. for the brains at maxpc: look into your printers' quality control. its like while the ink was wet someone let water drip on it and run down. i dunno but it seems to be happening to more then one person so maybe people outside the forum have the same deal going on? maybe just something to look into if it really does happen to more people then just myself and urmumsacow.


Can you describe what is wrong? Mine looks like my mailman murdered someone on page 96 :|


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:27 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 5315
Location: northwest BC
Could be the central mail sorting op that is leaking. Take a poll of all those affected with 'drippy' pages and see if they come from the same region.

I don't subscribe (long story) just pick up at local news outlet, and once in awhile I get a drippy page as well. I just figgered the news-stand operator was getting excited.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:17 am 
8086
8086

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:33 pm
Posts: 80
I had that happen with my November issue (I remember somebody else had it too). It's like the pages weren't dry and got stuck together, and then some was left behind when they got pulled apart.

Definitely an issue.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:59 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:52 pm
Posts: 6
I haven't even received my December issue yet, wats up with dat? I always get my issues 1 month eariler but i still haven't recieved December. My subscription didn't expire either.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:11 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 am
Posts: 7159
Location: In HyperTransport
to urumumsacow, its just like what happened to you on page 47 but where the discoloration is its all messed up and blurred. like i said, it looked like when the ink was wet right off the press someone let water drip onto it or something of the sort.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:33 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:58 am
Posts: 6498
Location: I live on the verge of insanity
*psssst* that wasent water


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:10 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
Thank you Josh!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A note to readers about the December disc
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:55 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:20 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Canada
joshnorem wrote:
... but newstand copies have a DVD...the rules prevent us from offering it to subscribers.


:?: :?
Funny you should mention this as I just noticed this about 5 minutes ago when getting milk at the corner store. So, at the risk of getting banned with my first post here :lol: , these questions beg to be asked:
  1. What kind of rules could possibly prevent you from offering dvd's to subscribers?
  2. Exactly who's rules are these anyway?
  3. What hideous punishment would you incure?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A note to readers about the December disc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:57 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Mindwarp wrote:
joshnorem wrote:
... but newstand copies have a DVD...the rules prevent us from offering it to subscribers.


:?: :?
Funny you should mention this as I just noticed this about 5 minutes ago when getting milk at the corner store. So, at the risk of getting banned with my first post here :lol: , these questions beg to be asked:
  1. What kind of rules could possibly prevent you from offering dvd's to subscribers?
  2. Exactly who's rules are these anyway?
  3. What hideous punishment would you incure?


Good questions.

The subscription promises a CD. SInce having both is cost prohibative (and mainly redundant), they cannot do both. Since a CD was promised, they cannot simply switch. Folks without DVD players will (rightfully) complain.

This has been an ongoing issue, and the DVD at the newstand is the first step toward getting it in the sub mag at some point.

Try not to complain - or they might abandon the whole idea.

Oh Yeah....Welcome to the MPC Forum

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A note to readers about the December disc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:00 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
MantaBase wrote:
Good questions.

The subscription promises a CD. SInce having both is cost prohibative (and mainly redundant), they cannot do both. Since a CD was promised, they cannot simply switch. Folks without DVD players will (rightfully) complain.

This has been an ongoing issue, and the DVD at the newstand is the first step toward getting it in the sub mag at some point.

Try not to complain - or they might abandon the whole idea.

Manta


Manta, thanks for explaining it, that makes sense.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A note to readers about the December disc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:03 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:20 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Canada
MantaBase wrote:

Good questions.

The subscription promises a CD. SInce having both is cost prohibative (and mainly redundant), they cannot do both. Since a CD was promised, they cannot simply switch. Folks without DVD players will (rightfully) complain.

This has been an ongoing issue, and the DVD at the newstand is the first step toward getting it in the sub mag at some point.

Try not to complain - or they might abandon the whole idea.

Oh Yeah....Welcome to the MPC Forum

Manta


Thank you Manta for the explanation and the welcome msg.

As for the complaining...we'll see :twisted: :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:12 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:01 am
Posts: 8091
gramaton cleric wrote:
to urumumsacow, its just like what happened to you on page 47 but where the discoloration is its all messed up and blurred. like i said, it looked like when the ink was wet right off the press someone let water drip onto it or something of the sort.


It's okay, I believe you. :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:29 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
Josh, my disk came yesterday- thank you very much! I was surprised it came so fast.

My issue has that mark too- page 54 Tivo article- which I enjoyed very much! The article came at a time when I was wondering what Media Center was, since I've got a few copies. It was a few weeks too late though, I wanted to install it on hubby's puter but didn't know how different it was than XP Home.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:02 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:47 pm
Posts: 32
Location: USA, CA, LA.
Well I requested the Dec 04 DVD since I subscribed to the magazine w/CD order about 6 days ago, at dischelp@maximumpc.com. That's the correct e-mail address right?

I can wait for about a few weeks, and considering that josh probably gets over a thousand emails a day, but how long is it supposed to take to get the disc out in the mail to whoever requests it? Just curious.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:25 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
Wester547 wrote:
Well I requested the Dec 04 DVD since I subscribed to the magazine w/CD order about 6 days ago, at dischelp@maximumpc.com. That's the correct e-mail address right?

I can wait for about a few weeks, and considering that josh probably gets over a thousand emails a day, but how long is it supposed to take to get the disc out in the mail to whoever requests it? Just curious.


I used the pm link under Josh's post up top since he doesn't have an email addy listed in his profile. He got right back to me, I was really impressed.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:53 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: in trouble
I get drippy pages. FIrst one was in july issue.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group