Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: hardware reviews
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:47 pm 

to begin with i have purchased maximumpc since you started.. you helped me buy my first dell xps system it was an 866 with rdram the 1 that recieved a 10 verdict so many years ago .. lately though .. the last year or so.. your reviews have seriously paled in comparison to previous years.. there just inst the same amount of viable information anymore .. i recall a time when mpc would always have hard drive showdowns. vidcard showdowns. system showdowns etc.. all the time.. now what.? we get the occasional head to head.. instead of the complete hardware line head to head comparisson. ram for instance.. can you tell me which is best?? sometime this year? ddr ddr2 corsair crucial ocz ?? what ? its the same with all components.. i buy every mag .. so maybe buy the time 12 issues go around there might have been 6 reviews of dvd burners .. but how good is that to me? it was nice when 1 issue would show u exactly which company and component was best and why .. infact its the reason i still buy your magazine .. cause im looking for that usefull information that no longer exists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 am 
Notched on both sides
Notched on both sides

I too second a serious showdown on RAM. HDDs, etc. as well

In the everchanging world of computers its imperative that we enthusiasts have a place to go that provides us with the best (at the time of print) information on whats available.

Great post!
Tuathal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:10 am 
Team Member
Team Member

tuathal wrote:
In the everchanging world of computers its imperative that we enthusiasts have a place to go that provides us with the best (at the time of print) information on whats available.

Great post!
Tuathal

You hit the nail right on the head with that, a full review would be out of date almost as soon as the mag hit the stands, head to head is the best comprismise that I can think of, put the best reviewed product up against what ever just came out.
The problem I see is trying to balance an interesting and easy read against getting as much info out there but not borring the reader.
Personaly I think the scale has gone a little to far to the newbie side, but hey, I'm still gonna keep reading.