Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why not to subscribe to MaxPC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:32 pm 

....the customer service.

July '03: subscription renewed for another year for $12; it'll now run out in September '04; check cleared - all it good

August '03: No magazine. No problem. As a subscriber I'm grown accustomed to late deliveries.

September '03: Still no magazine. Got out and buy the thing. $9 + tax.

Early October '03: Call and complain about missing September '03 issue. Get outsourced apologetic bunghole monkey. Get told subscription will be extended a month.

Late October '03: Call and complain about missing October '03 issue. Get told that technically it's not missing since it's still October. Got out and buy it - $9 + tax

Early November '03: Call about missing October '03. Address confirmed by outsourced apologetic bunghole monkey. Get told subscription will be extended another month.

Mid November '03: Buy the issue off the newstand for $9 + tax.

December '03: Complain that I haven't received an issue of MaxPC for the past few months. Get bunghole monkey manager. Address was wrong? Really? It was correct a few months ago. Get told issue will arrive in a few days.

January '04: Buy the issue at Safeway for $9 + tax.

Late January '04: Call about missing issues. Asked if check cleared. Told bunghole monkey employee # 1,399,197 "yes". Put on hold. Bunghole monkey finds on computer screen that it cleared. Told subscription will be extended by a month.

Febuary '04: But it at Safeway again. $9 + tax. Call again. Get told it'll be here in a few days.

March '04: Six months of paying for a magazine at newstand price + getting fucked out of my subscription. Call again. Someone will be returning my call.

April '04: Same shit. Call and complain, then go out and buy it. But lucky me ... my subscription will be extended another month.

May '04: Same shit as April.

June '04: No issue. No shit. Call. Get told there was problem with check. Funny - it cleared quick enough. Spend quality time on hold until it's "resolved". My subscription is extended a month.

July '04: Odd - another month with MaxPC being MIA? Too bad I can't subscribe first then send them the check after I get my issues.

August '04: Wanna guess. No MaxPC but plenty of idiots at the call center.

September '04: Received issue in the mail with the following notice "Renew now! This is your last issue!"

October '04: No MaxPC in the mail.

Sometimes it's painful to love MaxPC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:42 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

If you send me an email with your contact info and the info of the people you spoke to at the call center (or dates and times, as much as you have) I'll forward it to our customer service manager here.

Alternately, if you get your mailman's info, I'll send him a gift sub so he will stop ganking yours.

///Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:27 pm 

I've been through the manager chain and I'm not impressed.

I doubt the mailman is ganking it ... I mean c'mon ... goatse.cx and tubgirl monthly are getting through ok - and who wouldn't want those choice numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:40 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I won't hear any more of this heresy

MPC IS A CARING, LOVING COMPANY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:09 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

Unless you talked to a guy named Mike, you never got out of our call center. Regardless, you are having some serious problems, and I want to see if I can give a kick to make sure that

A. You don't have problems like this in the future.

and

B. It doesn't happen to anyone else.

///Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:14 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Simple answer to that Will, you just hand deliver all our issues personally, then if we don't get them we know who's butt to come and kick. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:01 am 

WillSmith wrote:
Unless you talked to a guy named Mike, you never got out of our call center. Regardless, you are having some serious problems, and I want to see if I can give a kick to make sure that

A. You don't have problems like this in the future.

and

B. It doesn't happen to anyone else.

///Will

Mike? Isn't that Dave's (LazyWonder) brother? :wink:

I think it's safe to say I won't have problems like this in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:08 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

Well, if having an editor (and Movie Star!) come to your rescue on the forums doesn't help spread some love, I don't know what will. Never had a problem with my sub personally. B4 i got the sub, I was just overjoyed to even be able to find it somewhere, so be glad it's available. Your subscription will get hammered out eventually, and until then it's worth every penny of the newstand price if you ask me. Sometimes snafu's happen, but if Will says he'll get you straightened out, he'll get you straightened out.

BTW, whatever happened to Nixon's body, Will? And for that matter, why do you have his head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:38 am 

I'm hardly in need of rescuing. This isn't the first issue I've had with subscriptions involving MaxPC. There was the problem involving a three year subscription that never materialized, but at least the check wasn't processed, so I just kept sending in year long subscriptions. All was good until this last period.

=======================================
Sometimes snafu's happen, but if Will says he'll get you straightened out, he'll get you straightened out.
=======================================
There's a difference between a snafu, and a recurring event. Either way, the subscription of $30/year + having to go out to buy it at the newsstand at $108/year (+tax) comes to about $140/year for magazine service. This seems overpriced. However, if you'd like to pay for something and not get anything in return I can just send you my PO Box address. Fair enough? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:48 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

Savage...

Send Will a Private Message with your info. He said he's gonna take care of it personally, so give him a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:05 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

For the record, Future does NOT offer any three- year subscription deals. Anytime you get a multi-year subscription offer, it's through a third party, which means that it could be a scam.

Some people have had really good luck with third-party subs, but others have sent money into a black hole and never gotten a single mag. Either way, if you sign up for a sub from a third party, Future can't be held responsible. That's like saying "Yeah, I gave this guy on the street who said he was a Ford dealer $15,000, but when I went to the Ford dealership, they said they had no idea who I was and wouldn't give me my car!"

As for your current problem, if you send me your subscription info, I'll make sure that it gets to people who can actually help you.

My email is will@maximumpc.com.

Edit: Oops, we do offer a two year sub.

Last edited by willsmith on Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:56 pm 

WillSmith wrote:
For the record, Future does NOT offer any two- or three- year subscription deals. Anytime you get a multi-year subscription offer, it's through a third party, which means that it could be a scam.

Then I suppose that the multi-year subscription and subscription renewals that are linked from the MaxPC homepage are ... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:27 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I didn't know we'd started offering two year subs. We do not offer three year subs though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:42 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

But you do through vendors right? there is a whole debate about the bestdealsmagazine subscription thing going on in here somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:46 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

urmumsacow wrote:
But you do through vendors right? there is a whole debate about the bestdealsmagazine subscription thing going on in here somewhere.

Will can correct me if I'm wrong, but once Future Network processes the extended subscripton orders through a third party, I would imagine that Future at that point becomes responsible. My account through MaxPC's customer service link shows I paid for 36 issues and am all set until Sep 2008, so I wouldn't think responsibility could lie elsewhere anymore.

Before it's processed though, yeah, it would make little sense to cry foul at Future NetworkUSA if a third party ran away with your money.