Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: September Case Roundup coments
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:47 pm 

I thought i might add a little bit about the X-blade case, as i too have purchased one of these and i realy like it.

From what i have learned there must be a few different versions of this case floating around. I would like to know who actualy manufactures this case. Im not sure but i think it is A-Top Technologies. Anyway, this is based on the case that i have.

It is partialy aluminum and steel, weights a little over 20lbs and looks cool. I paid a little over 70usd and it came with a 450watt psu and two fans already mounted. One in the front of the case and one on the side panel window. Both light up bright blue, and contrary to what xoxide says, the xblade symbol on the front panel of the case does light up on mine. I too have a hole for firewire port in the front, but no possible way to hook one up without damaging the case.

On other webpages i have seen pictures of the firewire port hooked up, and a deluxe version with the 120mm fan on the back and the front LCD panel included. I have been waiting for a-top to get the display in for well over a month.

Now the bad part. I hate the drive cage. You have to have some very long power and data cables to reach your hard drives. Luckily combining the front fan with a y adapter i was able to hook the power cables up. The rear of the hard drives sit in the cage facing the removable side panel. This makes for ugly visible data cables (even when snaking them through the back) and power cables. I would love to be able to turn the cage so the rear of the drives face the rear of the box, the fan would blow down the length of the drives and the cables required could be shorter.

I wish i could have seen how mpc wired this case up to look clean, the way the drive cage sits, and the power wire hooked to the side panel fan, its just ugly. Time for some color wireloom or shrink wrap :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:15 am 

I bought the Coolermaster Stacker case a couple months ago.. and its been a great case.. i wish the review also let the reader know that there are optional componets for the case that make it great for ait cooling as well, as u can see here in there http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/2bc8f49cc5855a0e6a5384132caa4698.swf under cooling.. its dropped a couple degrees off my case cooling everything from my ram cpu to video card.. and there are speed settings as well that are accessed thru the back of the case.. i'll mod it to the front soon tho..

all the mag said was the case had an optional case window.. when theres more... u can get an additional hard drive cage.. the crossflow fan and the window.. i haven't gotten the window seeing as there isn't a need for it rite now.. cos i got 2 psu's working in there powering up all my internal stuff already..saved me alot of money when it came to getting a psu.. i didn't need to spend too much..

the case came with a power supply extender so i can piggyback my old psu to the new one and power on all the stuf at once.. i would take pics but i haven't had the time to sleeve up all the cabling.