Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Max PC Disc Missing in Action
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:26 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Well I just got my November Issue, and I noticed that there was no CD in the plastic packaging. I then noticed a slit in the packaging(looked like it was cut with a razor sharp knife) about the size of the CD. So I went down to the post office talked to the manager, and he said he doesn't think my mail lady is taking it because she's not a "PC buff." The manager told me he would call me about the matter if he "finds anything out." I don't think any one in my neighborhood would take it out of my mail box, becuase i'm surrounded by old retired people that always have nothing to do, except for spying on each other. But if it is someone taking it out of my mail box i'll make sure to stand guard duty by it with my rifle the next time my Mag comes. This has also happended to my PC Gamer Mag too. So what do I do about this if it keeps persisting? Can Max PC send me the CD's seperately? Sorry for the essay, I just had to get that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:34 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

MPC will send you a CD separately, just PM Josh Norem your Address/contact details along with the subscription info and he'll get one out to you.

That sucks though, but at the same time I've always wondered why there wasn't MORE theft among postal workers. I'd bet it was someone in the postal office, they could just casually take it with a box cutter without anyone knowing the difference (except you of course).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:06 pm 

Yeah, the USPS is total poop, IMO! Too bad they had their contract renewed for another 100 years :? . The USPS will most likely do absolutely nothing about your missing disc. I'm absolutely sure they won't even bother looking into the matter. They just said what they thought you wanted to hear. Once they hung up, they probably opened up some poor shmucks Playboy issue and took off for the jon.

You really shouldn't expect much more from a U.S. government union. That's sad, but true.