Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Magazine Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:53 pm 

Hello,

Am new to the MaximumPC Forums and wanted to let you know that I personally think that MaximumPC is a really good read. Just a shame it's not available widely over here in the U.K. (The odd subscription issue gets lost in the postal system!!).

Would like to learn a whole lot more about Linux and building an Linux MP3 Jukebox and Linux based Firewall though, can you feature these in forthcoming issues of MaximumPC?.

All of the magazines that i've read on the subject of Linux are too heavily involved (in my humble opinion) and really are not aimed towards the Linux newbie. Would like to read and learn more about Linux and implementing with hardware projects in your magazine.

Best Regards,

Tailormadepc.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:52 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Your best bet is to get your feet wet playing with Linux and asking questions in the Alt.OS Abode folder. There are a few of us around that know Linux pretty well and would be glad to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:55 am 

DaBrain wrote:
Your best bet is to get your feet wet playing with Linux and asking questions in the Alt.OS Abode folder. There are a few of us around that know Linux pretty well and would be glad to help you out.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Any suggestions as to what Linux distro I should try first (shall check out the Alt.OS Abode folder as suggested also).

Thank you for your feedback, really great to hear that there are people out there willing to help.

Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Tailormadepc.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:47 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

tailormadepc wrote:
DaBrain wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Any suggestions as to what Linux distro I should try first (shall check out the Alt.OS Abode folder as suggested also).

Thank you for your feedback, really great to hear that there are people out there willing to help.

Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Tailormadepc.co.uk

We are in the middle of migration.

I would suggest looking into knoppix - however, mine is not the best opinion on the subject. So post this question in the Alt.OS folder. If you don't get any replies soon (a few days), consider the sister forum (The Commport at Delphi Forums).

Have fun

I look forward to you post in the Alt.OS folder

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:00 am 

MantaBase wrote:
tailormadepc wrote:
DaBrain wrote:

Hi,

Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Tailormadepc.co.uk

We are in the middle of migration.

I would suggest looking into knoppix - however, mine is not the best opinion on the subject. So post this question in the Alt.OS folder. If you don't get any replies soon (a few days), consider the sister forum (The Commport at Delphi Forums).

Have fun

I look forward to you post in the Alt.OS folder

Manta

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Any suggestions are appreciated. I'll certainly give Knoppix a try.

Thank you also for mentioning Commport at Delphi Forums.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Tailormadepc.co.uk