Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Duel Core Test Rigs and No information on PPU?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:07 pm 

First off we need an update on the PPU. There is little information but having Maximum PC look into and giving us a little info is better than nothing. Please have a look into this! I seen the prices MSRP around $275... thats more than the $100 claim on the first artical you printed on it... maybe new informationa and reasons (Better technology PPU something? lol)

Next is I noticed in the duel core round up the ram in the Intel test rig was DDR2..... as stated from you guys its a bit slower due to latenceys. Not to mention a benchmarked rig is supposed to be the SAME... is this another paid review company were seeing unfold by sabatoging the test rig of an Intel for the AMD fan boys? Or some technological reasoning behind this.

I suck at spelling get off my back, thanks, lemme hear what you have to say. Peace out..

KiGrind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:24 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I assume that you're talking about the Aegia Physics Processor when you say PPU, right? As soon as we get solid information, hardware, or both, we'll let you know about it. Until we actually see some hardware (and software that takes advantage of it), it's vapor in my book.

As for DDR vs. DDR2 in the dual-core roundup, at the time we wrote the story, there were no motherboards that supported DDR1 memory and dual-core Intel procs (and there still aren't to the best of my knowledge).

///Will