Really well done piece. I especially enjoyed two things. First, the new build format on the why not the how. The insights on each part with the lessons learned and tips/tricks is what will take MaxPC to the next level. Let PCPer don the latex gloves, cinch down the anti-static wrist band and build rig after rig blind folded or in the dark. We were shoving Nedwards to morph (no, not Murph) his builds towards this approach. So kudos for doing what he couldn't.
Second, the subtle yet honest comics were well placed and accurate...
- we choose the Force because it was red. (so kindergarten)
- take AMD branded ram for what it's worth. (ahem,nothing,cough)
- don't get too excited, the 8350 is not even in the same universe. (so Darth Andeddu)
- the Price Is Right trombone. (zing)
- you can interpret the builds in two ways (always searching for AMD silver linings)
- et. al.
And before I sign off, what was the "no-name" pos psu? Gotta know, pls PM me.
Good stuff! Happy Holidays.