Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I ended my subscription
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 am 

This policy of continuing the same ol same ol.
It is what we always done has had dire effects on your magazine and the people who subscribe to it.
I paid extra for the Disc and didn't mind it at all until I noticed the same old software every month,
on every disc for months running.
We I and some others gave suggestions to import games and rotating software that was totally ignored.
sites like giveawayoftheday have the Idea this place should adopt but giveaway of the month,
feature programs in your magazine for the right to give away that software for that month to the disc subscribers.
The extra cash generated by the included disc would soar.
the subscribers would be happy enough to re subscribe ( like me)
Put someone in charge of a Gaming section on the disc as well and bring in the younger crowd as well.
Not only will they enjoy the games but learn about computers as well and bring repeat customers for
another generation after generation

How many more of these idea's will you ignore and watch your sales drop more and more?

I Loved this magazine but if you refuse to listen to your consumers , This magazine shows a lack of respect to them

I sincerely hope someone listens before so many other magazines take the lead and your profits

Sincerely
Jonathan T. Roach
retired lifetime subscriber

Post subject: Re: I ended my subscription
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:57 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Ha! Haven't you heard, since about the time Sony nixed their optical drive business earlier in the year and the DM2012 went up the flag pole, Nedwards and the staffers have been professing the death of the CD/DVD. I just won't accept that they are this stupid. Just trying to start a story and generate some buzz - I know the drill here. But heck, maybe not. Idiots!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Widely available broadband internet makes the disc obsolete. I'd much (much!) rather a cheaper magazine without the disc and those discs are expensive!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Not to mention the disks often contained freeware software the staff either covers or drops URLs to all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am 

I am yet another former long-term magazine subscriber, but I agree that the discs were pretty much pointless, and the magazine is better off without them. For any long-term subscriber, you tend to notice patters with publications; the same round of articles in a yearly cycle; it's not just a maximum PC thing.

In my case, I moved and intended to re-subscribe, but money has been tight since my wife cant' find a job now, and I never really got around to it. If I had a tablet, I'd probably subscribe to the magazine on it, but since I don't have money to throw towards computer upgrades any more, it has sort of dropped down on my priority list. I do still listen to the podcasts; pretty much at this point because I have been doing it for so long that I feel that Gordon is a friend that I visit every few weeks on my MP3 player.

Good luck to the magazine staff. Hopefully I'll be back at some point in the future.