Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More verification needed for address changes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I've been a subscriber since 1999 (though I'm sad to say my mother threw away my entire magazine collection when we moved). Therefore I love Maximum PC.

It was sad to see my subscription mysteriously stop coming a few months ago. I figured I forgot about renewal, so I submitted another payment for 2 years. I didn't get another issue still, but I didn't think much of it, since I browse the website.

Recently I've moved again, so today I dug up an old issue, so I would change my address. To my surprise I found that my subscription address had already been changed to someone else's! Same name, totally different address (same general neighborhood though). I'm assuming some unscrupulous person picked up my magazine and changed the address without my knowledge.

This is not very good. I'm not expecting an compensation, just I hope you guys can instill some sort of safeguard in the future, so this doesn't happen to other people who's beloved subcriptions get rerouted. The good news is I was able to change my subscription address to my new one without any hiccups.

Thanks for a great magazine!

Post subject: Re: More verification needed for address changes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:47 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Ha! COA is oldest trick in the book to score free subscriptions. No one has any checks or balances. Get even, go pay it forward

Clarification...the mag used to be great, now it's just meh...good! Yet, maybe with Nathan leaving, it'll improve and return, transform back and go good to great.