Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Take my money please
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 am 

Void read {
irony off;
}
Hi guys im a little unhappy with the low subscription fee I'm paying. You said on the podcast that we could subscribe to your magazine on the Ipad. What bothers me is the $0.99 price. REALLY ? Why does it have to be so cheep, I want to support you guys.

I live in Denmark "Scandinavia" so this is the only way for me to get your magazine. If you don't change it soon, I will start writing checks. Do something about it, or at least hire someone from EA to come and show you how to milk a cash cow.

Post subject: Re: Take my money please
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

...but we leiks our low prices...

I'm sure they'd be willing to accept a donation. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 am 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

Htorne wrote:
Void read {
irony off;
}
Hi guys im a little unhappy with the low subscription fee I'm paying. You said on the podcast that we could subscribe to your magazine on the Ipad. What bothers me is the $0.99 price. REALLY ? Why does it have to be so cheep, I want to support you guys.

I live in Denmark "Scandinavia" so this is the only way for me to get your magazine. If you don't change it soon, I will start writing checks. Do something about it, or at least hire someone from EA to come and show you how to milk a cash cow.

First of all, we really do appreciate the support. If you want to pay more than $.99 an issue, consider buying single issues rather than a subscription. I think single-issue pricing is around the $8 mark if you're not subscribed.

Darn it, that subscription is such a good deal! We're practically giving them away!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I like my $5-9 per 12 month deals. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 am 

It not like I'm hate saving money. But when MaximumPC got layoffs, you need to ask your self; "Is what I'm paying fair?", and I'm pretty sure in this case the answer would be no.
If I want to be sure that MPC is around, in, let's say, 2 years from now, I'm convinced that an extra $20 bucks a year help a lot.
On the other hand if you don't care and just want to squeeze the lemon to the max, then circa $5-7 a year should be sufficient.

I want to pay more because I feel what I'm getting is worth more than what I'm currently is paying, and I care about MPC, and want them to be around in the future. Likewise I always click the Ads on the front page. I'm a special kind of breed, the Magazine Fan Boie.