Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tripping the Site Fantastic? Why?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am 

I happened across MaximumPC Magazine by accident. I thought it was a utility based magazine, but after reading it, it is the magazine that I wait for every month and my wife knows she can perk me up right away by saying "your magazine is here!" Even though I don't believe in playing games on my computer I find the magazine to be extremely good when it comes to building a system or finding new utilities.

BUT...

After the article called Tripping the Site Fantastic, by The Maximum PC Staff, I got knocked for a loop! I think they are lucky to have one of the greatest staffs, based on what I read in their magazine, but I think when they went to their staff to write this article, they all went home to there kids and asked for websites. 30% of them were bad 10% of them were offensive.

You guys are good at what you do, but stay in your arena. Don't walk into the cornfield if you don't know what's in it.

Maximum PC, you have a captured audience and the ability to do it right! You only need to know how to do it. And believe me, if I was sitting at the top desk, there would be such an article in that magazine regarding websites, 2nd to none.

Bob

PS This love and believe in the magazine and it's staff. But...

Post subject: Re: Tripping the Site Fantastic? Why?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

They only recommend websites once a year... As for what makes a "bad site", that's just plain personal taste. They usually say when a site may be NSFW/NSFS (Not Safe For Work/Not Safe For School, usually offensive in one way or another), but the number of sites that are offensive are fairly minimal.