Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Editors in a new light
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 am 

I've read Maximum PC and other magazines for years, but up to the day of writing this all the people's work I've been reading has just been informative words printed with pictures in a magazine. Well that changed today. On a whim, I decided to look more into the people who write the articles. Im lying, lol, actually I got the idea because I think your editor Amber Bouman is hot and was wonder why I didn't see as many articles from her or exposure as some of the other editors. So I began my search and found her website. It gave me the chance to see the other things she's is involved in and got to see her in a whole new light, while at the same time coming across interesting sites she works with that I'll probably start to follow. That said, now it makes me want to look further into the other editors and see what else I can come across thats interesting to read about. Im sure many readers out there have long been aware of what MPC's editors did outside of the magazine, but I'm also sure as long as I've been reading and didn't, that there are others who don't. IF the big suits behind the oak desks would allow it, I think it would be the greatest thing ever if they would allow editors to somehow promote more of their interesting projects they do outside of MPC. Everything becomes more interesting to read when you feel like you know the writer personally. Well Im done here. Tell Amber thank you for being being so attractive as to cause me to find so much more to read about while waiting for the next maximum pc mag to come out : )

Post subject: Re: Editors in a new light
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Wasn't she one of the layoffs last month?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 am 
Klamath
Klamath

They haven't announced who was laid off, but I'd guess she's a candidate (not very senior). I'm pretty sad about those layoffs, and waiting for the next issue to see who remains.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 am 

Layoff? With all magazines dropping in the marketplace. MaximumPC should be on the upswing.
Bob