Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Official December 2011 Magazine Feedback Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:04 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I know it's the middle of October, but December issues should be arriving in your houses and newsstands shortly. Here is where you can discuss the content of that issue with editors. Mostly me, but I can and will get other editors in here if you have specific questions for them about the stuff they wrote.

If you have typos to point out, you can point those out in a separate thread, if you must.

We're really interested in your feelings about the actual editorial content of the mag (please note, ads are not editorial content). We promise to listen.

Also, if you haven't yet, subscribe to our somewhat inaccurately titled No BS Podcast! The tech parts are No BS; the nerdy arguments about which fictional characters can defeat which are Slight BS. Please note that we haven't posted a podcast in a while because our podcast room was broken. We're working on it.

Post subject: Re: Official December 2011 Magazine Feedback Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:04 am 

I have subscribed to MaximumPc since it's inception (Boot ... I think) and several months ago the mag stopped arriving. I sent an inquiry via email and NO answer came back and I do not see an easy way to contact subscription services. Is somebody stealing my mag before it arrives .... or is MaximumPc quietly fading out of business? I buy a lot of stuff based on what I read in MaximumPc, and I build a lot of computers. Please let me know why my subscription has stopped??

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:43 am 

Sorry, posted a new thread before I saw this. I claim new user -itis.

Regarding the BF3 PC build article, I found all of the parts your listed at newegg at or below your listed prices except for the Hitachi HD, which was $259.99 there. Was this an error on your part, or a result of the recent disasters in the far east?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 am 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

The latter. That story was written before hard drive prices had skyrocketed. Sorry for the confusion.