Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Regarding 6/2011 edition page 8. Goodbye DSL. Goodbye AT&T
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:23 pm 

Goodbye AT&T, where the Homeland Security Data skim has exhisted without warrent from day 1. Now this! According to Maximum PCs June 2011 edition, AT&T has made the policy decision to cap bandwidth to it's DSL subscribers. Yep, you get 150gb per month. More than 3 incidents of going over the 150gb cap will result in "a charge of an overage fee of $10 per 50gb of data over the cap. How is this possible with netflix, hulu, you tube and the broadcast company's themselves offering free online content. Of coursei if you have AT&T's internet television service they will give you 250gb per month. Sounds like a load of crap to me. I haven't had television for years. Now I have 1.0gbps internet and 50 some odd digital channels for less money than my DSL elite and cell phone. Hello track phone, good bye AT&T. If any of you reading this are thinking of making the switch, I know a guy who will give you a deal to port to suddenlink. LOL, who in the hell do they think they are. It's 1983 all over again back when they were known as Ma Bell. Bye Bye. Your customer service has been excellent, but your gimmicks have been over the edge. How stupid do you think I am. It's too bad you make policy geared to the sheep. Sometimes it's a good idea to have a shepherd or a wolf in your corner. Thank you to my lovely niece Emily for selling me the fabulous magazine subscription, and to Maximum PC for the heads up.