Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Official Holiday 2010 Feedback Thread Thing Etc.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:48 am 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

Okay, okay. Let's talk about the Holiday 2010 issue of Maximum PC Magazine.

Please refrain from "omg where's mah copy of the issue" comments.

If you have typos to point out, you can point those out in a separate thread, if you must.

We're really interested in your feelings about the actual editorial content of the mag (please note, ads are not editorial content). That's right. We care about your feelings! Some of us do. Sometimes.

Also, if you haven't yet, subscribe to our somewhat inaccurately titled No BS Podcast! The tech parts are No BS; the nerdy arguments about which fictional characters can defeat which are Slight BS.

-nathan

Post subject: Re: Official Holiday 2010 Feedback Thread Thing Etc.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:43 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

This is in regards to the article on the photo PC you presented. I am curious as to why you
went the route of the prosumer/professional as opposed to creating a photo PC for the consumer?
IMO it was basically a waste of pages. WHICH segment of your readership WILL think about creating
such a PC? NOW say for example I want a poster size picture made from a shot off of my digital camera, I would just simply go to the local photohut, or CVS and pay a few dollars and have it made.
Now a much better story would of been a howto; I am MORE than sure your readership would be able to use a walk-thru on the proper way (In this case with MPC, a professional way) to calibrate their
current monitor(s) to give them the best results from their consumer level digital camera(s). Also with their photo printer(s) (4x6). I'll give you an example of what I did, AND had a poster size print done. I was the photographer for my brother in-law's birthday party, so to make it not only the best memories,
but also one that will be retained in his head for when my birthday comes up, I did a photo collage, and created it in a way to not only show off the 2D shots, BUT also the 3D shots, he loved it, and took it at (basically) the same moment to WalMart and had it framed. For the work and time it took me, I wish Maximum PC would of had a howto on this, took me a little over 4 days to be able to find software, and technique of how to combine both 2D & 3D together. And as we know RIGHT NOW the holidays are upon us, and so is taking pictures! I would think the space on the pages of MPC would be better served with some cool walk thru(s).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

No geek gift guide? I miss not seeing the great holiday gift ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 pm 

First issue in ages that didn't have a "build a computer article" just a link.

But wait.....I have my January issue and there is is right on the cover build your own.....

Do you guys lack things to write about?

Zway