Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Manage your musice with Foobar 6/10 page 65
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:05 pm 

Sorry to post about such an old article but i am behind on my reading.

What a waste of 5 pages this article was. Yes i would love to have itunes alternatives, who wouldn't. But seriously, in this day and age, who would ever consider an alternative that does not include support for videos.

Sure, some of you may say "i have a nano/shuffle for the gym that doesn't have videos on it." Sure, and so do i. But you/I probably also have a regular ipod/touch/iphone that does! So you'll need itunes anyway!

Until it does video, count me out.

Post subject: Re: Manage your musice with Foobar 6/10 page 65
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

Maybe people who want a music player don't care?
I wish WinAmp couldn't play videos. That's just nasty bloat.
EDIT: Granted, each user is entitled to his own opinion. If you want a music player with an integrated video player, that just means foobar isn't for you. I personally used foobar for a good long while until switching to WinAmp. I liked it, but I think WinAmp just walks all over foobar in terms of features (music-centric that is. WinAmp's video features are poor and are really just lame bloat) and interface.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 pm 

Spartacus wrote:
Maybe people who want a music player don't care?
I wish WinAmp couldn't play videos. That's just nasty bloat.
EDIT: Granted, each user is entitled to his own opinion. If you want a music player with an integrated video player, that just means foobar isn't for you. I personally used foobar for a good long while until switching to WinAmp. I liked it, but I think WinAmp just walks all over foobar in terms of features (music-centric that is. WinAmp's video features are poor and are really just lame bloat) and interface.

settle down.. i didn't mean to offend..... I am just saying that for most people there will be at least some videos on their ipods these days. As far as the "bloat" that video capability brings to the table.. we are reading maximum pc right? i would venture to say that most of the people who even look at this site are doing so on a machine that will handle it quite nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

You didn't offend. I tried to go out of my way to make it come across inoffensively, apparently I didn't do a very good job.
As for the question- what's wrong with having a separate video player for your video, and a music player for your music? Additionally, speed isn't the entire point. Although a less bloated app is snappier, its also that I don't want a ton of features that I won't use. If I want a video player, I want it to play videos, do it well, and do nothing else (for which purpose I have Media Player Classic). Same thing for a music player.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 am 

Spartacus wrote:
You didn't offend. I tried to go out of my way to make it come across inoffensively, apparently I didn't do a very good job.
As for the question- what's wrong with having a separate video player for your video, and a music player for your music? Additionally, speed isn't the entire point. Although a less bloated app is snappier, its also that I don't want a ton of features that I won't use. If I want a video player, I want it to play videos, do it well, and do nothing else (for which purpose I have Media Player Classic). Same thing for a music player.

gotcha. You are referring to using using itunes to play videos on your pc. My bad. i was understanding that we were talking about loading up an ipod/itouch with media.

My point there was that you are not getting the fullest potential from your ipod/itouch if you don't put videos on it. And you can only do that with itunes.

As far as viewing on the desktop, i agree, i would NEVER view videos through itunes. it is, in fact, garbage. I, too, use MPC. BUT, i am stuck leaving itunes on my PC because there is simply no better way to get the full use out of my ipod and/or touch.