Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Rig of the Month
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:32 pm 

Okay - I'm a little miffed. A few months ago MPC said they needed room and were dropping the Rig of the Month from the last page. I'm not totally at a loss. However, I've built my own 24K gold plated unit, a Las Vegas skyline with fiber optic lights, and a Speed Racer unit that would make Trixie jump in my lap, so I do find them interesting.

I'm more upset MPC said they needed the room. Now, you can find the latest and greatest "Kick Ass Award", and then immediately turn to the last page and see it covered AGAIN. 'Sup with the redundancy??? Is this some sort of literary RAID configuration???

Give us something new so I don't have to get my attorney to force you to publish my own ROTM article. A picture of the caseless PC screwed to the wall in my garage would be more interesting than reading the same article over again!

- JB

~ there are three types of people in the world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:14 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

In fairness, I didn't say that we needed the room, I said that we weren't getting enough submissions to keep the quality of the section up. We were getting to a point that we would be getting less than one printworthy selection a month, and I didn't want to find myself in a position where we were celebrating machines that were less than awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

i have subscribed to the magazine for about 7 moths, and i never knew there was a section on that before.

if it is not a Rig o' the month worthy, how about just a readers' rig page, regardless of awesome, or absence of it? but then there is the "post your desktop" thread, i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:06 am 

willsmith wrote:
In fairness, I didn't say that we needed the room, I said that we weren't getting enough submissions to keep the quality of the section up. We were getting to a point that we would be getting less than one printworthy selection a month, and I didn't want to find myself in a position where we were celebrating machines that were less than awesome.

Point well taken, and unfortunately fair. Maybe I'll paint camouflage over my William Shatner signed Commodore VIC-20 and make a new submission.

I may have overmade my point - it's not the loss of the Rigs of the Month. My main point was that MPC is filling that position with product already covered inside. Seriously, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 got 2 full pages for a coveted "Kick Ass," but then hyped yet again on the last page.

I guess I'm just requesting new content - anything. My thanks, too, for responding.

-JB

~ Dyslexics of the world, untie!