Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 19" CRT Recommendations/Help Revisited
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:11 am 

A while back I posted about recommended 19" CRTs.

Now I have a question about the Nec/Mitsubish 930SB/912SB.

For those of you who have one, look in the right lower real of the monitor. Do you see a couple of small holes? Get a flashlight and see if there are screws in the bottom of these holes and if one is labelled focus.

If so, then I might want to get one because I would be able to adjust the focus if it didn't come correctly focused from the factory or needed to be adjusted later.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 19" CRT Recommendations/Help Revisited
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:31 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Rusk wrote:
If so, then I might want to get one...Thanks

Get one what? A screwdriver or the monitor? That's not an adjustable item for you to tinker with and certainly not something you want to compare monitors using. That monitor uses dual beams and you "focus" them using that knob...not to make end user settings.

A good monitor doesn't go out of focus and have internal adjustments. Having a hole that you can do this from the outside would lead ME to belive that it needs service down the road.

There's a big lesson to learn here as well
I seen the review that got you thinking about this. DO NOT USE NEWEGG's REVIEWS! They're bullshit written by wacko's. That guy has no idea what he turned or what it was, but it just said "focus" so he turned it. Dude...his name is spicoli. That should be enough said.

Also, read what brothergc wrote. It's no longer there. And for good reason.
Newegg.com is not a forum for product reviews. For product reviews, we recommend sites such as www.cnet.com, www.anandtech.com, and www.tomshardware.com. Newegg.com is a private site that conducts the business of selling computer hardware and as such, any specifications and information posted by Newegg.com regarding products for sale must be factual. However, customer comments in regards to their experience with said products are the opinions of the user. The customer opinion reviews are used at the discretion of Newegg.com as a marketing device for positive and constructive ways to share the benefit of the product. It is not used as a source for negative commentary as we cannot endorse the validity of any negative comment. Therefore, the Newegg.com site is moderated to remove any unproven biased negative comments. It is not the intention of Newegg.com to mislead any customer and therefore all purchase decisions should not be solely based on the customer review.
----------------------
If you haven't bought this monitor yet, seriously take another look at Viewsonic's P95f+. It's a toss up between a .24mm or .25mm pitch (which my meager eye can't tell a damned bit of difference) and viewsonics better resolution and picture. NEC is great for text, and that's all I'll give it over the Viewsonic.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:59 pm 

I appreciate your reply and consider your advice.

Thanks again,

Rusk