Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: vid card for abit be6-II
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:43 am 

i need recommendations for an old abit mobo be6-II and be6-IIv.2.0, (agp 1x, 2x) i have both pc's ready to go, they just need a video card that supports direct x 9 and will play star wars galaxies. They dont have to be great, just able to play the game. I started this topic on delphi forum, but then the boards changed and the topic i originally started is now gone. what do you recommend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:58 pm 

bump?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:07 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

it would probably be better for gaming to get a better mobo with faster AGP speeds, also, the CPU speed boost would be better for games

Post subject: Re: vid card for abit be6-II
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:19 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

lazyax wrote:
i need recommendations for an old abit mobo be6-II and be6-IIv.2.0, (agp 1x, 2x) i have both pc's ready to go, they just need a video card that supports direct x 9 and will play star wars galaxies. They dont have to be great, just able to play the game. I started this topic on delphi forum, but then the boards changed and the topic i originally started is now gone. what do you recommend?

What you are asking for is impossible. Not because of clock speed, but because of the AGP 1.0 spec called for 1x/2X (which you have)which runs 3.3 volts. Newer cards run on 1.5volts. What's this mean? If you even try to power up your PC with a new card in it, it'll blow the card and possibly end your motherboard. Besides, they're keyed differently and won't fit. (not all, so be careful. there was a time when some cards would fit in either AGP slot. Chaos insued)

DX9 (and many other DX revisions) is not available for you. Sorry! In an Abit BE-6, I've ran every voodoo made, a Creative Annialator, an asus GF2 MX400, and a GF3. That was the end of the road for that box though.

I can't say what else to do but look on ebay for some old GeForce3 Ti card. Just do some google searching for 3.3Volt cards and see if any are availlable on the bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:07 pm 

Quote:
They dont have to be great, just able to play the game.

this is all i wanted. i have four accounts for the game, i need 2 more pc's that can handle min specs of the game, im not planning on playing the main account on them most of the time. i just wanted to know the best possible card i can put with those mobos i mentioned. I already have a kickbass rig that i play my main account on, 3.2 gig Intel in an abit max3, prolly need to upgrade the vid card already in that puppy. :p

i know there are vid cards out there for the boards, found a few, just wanted some comments on the best ones i can match up with the mobo. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:36 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

lazyax wrote:

the sapphire radeon9700(atlantis) and 9800(atlantis, not the SE version) will run at agp 2x

see the brochures(pdf) for the full specs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:23 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Bleh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:57 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Get a 3Dfx Voodoo 5500AGP and I'll trade an Asus GF2 MX for it :)