right now im running a beta bios because the one that came with it was bad, ive been having troubles with it and wish to flash it, but the site says follow specific instructions from instruction page, but i cant find them for my motherboard, whats with this?
Make sure you always check, sometimes there are different bios flash for different revisions on the same type of board.
Usually most bios directions are:
1. Download/Unzip the file
2. Download probably the AWARD bios flasher.
3. Reboot with a bootdisk (ie: WIN98 bootdisk. or www.bootdisk.com
4. Insert the floppy with the BIOS updates
5. Run the award (or equivelant flasher proggie)
6. Type in the BIOS update name to flash. (ie: ABITKV8_01.bin)
7. Should be self explanatory.
OR if you don't want to go oldschool, newish way is:
1. Download Abit's Flashmenu and use that to flash it.
Make sure you don't got any other programs running while doing this.
But seriously, there are directions on abit's website.