Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Blue Ray Not For Us???!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:42 pm 

Just got done trying to hook up my nephew's PS3 to their 10 month old 34" XBR960 Sony TV. I could not get it to work with a HDMI cable that I had. After much trial and error I found the HDCP compliant rules in small print in the PS3 manual. I am so angry I could spit! His TV is not compliant, my 1yr old 55" 3LCD projection set is not compliant! Hell, the 12 or so Sony HD TVs that I helped sell to friends, because I was a Sony emplyee are not compliant! Each TV has an HDMI connection, but due to Sony's decision to protect big business over any customer's interest it might as well be an anus.
I look back over my 10yrs of employment with Sony with pride, I felt that those were good times. Now I feel that Sony has lost their way and turned hostile towards it's loyal customers. I am not made of money. I invested in a Sony TV because I thought that it was a good company. I was wrong. Now am just angry.

If this is not the forum for this rant, then I am sorry. Violated people need to get things off their chest reguardless of venue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:53 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

This belongs in the Dog Pound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:17 pm 
M-Powered
M-Powered

You should read some reviews before you buy... Months before the PS3 was available, the HDCP compliance requirement for certain HD content was common knowledge. The PS3 is a modern, high end A/V product, it's not surprising it requires a modern, high end display device.

btw, it's Blu-Ray, not Blue Ray ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:54 pm 
Team Dino
Team Dino

From looking around, especially at the AVS forum, a number of people seem to have had problems with their HDMI inputs on that model.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think the set is lacking HDCP. Does the PS3 tell you that?

I also can't remember if the BR player is disabled through component or not. If it is, you can still watch movies that way on the display at the moment.

I haven't heard of any commercial titles being sold that have the ICT turned on.

n0b0dykn0ws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:03 am 
M-Powered
M-Powered

It's not disabled, it works over component, I've tried it to see the difference between analog and digital, and on a true 1080p display, at least the Sony one I have, component looks considerably worse...