If it restarts automatically, it's probably a BSOD. To turn the automatic restart off so this can be confirmed:
- Open up system properties by either:
- Going to Control Panel -> System
- Right clicking on My computer then selecting properties
- Press the Windows Key + Pause/Break.
- In the left pane, select "Advanced System Settings"
- In the new pop-up, there are three boxes, in the bottom one labeled "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings..." button
- In the "System Failure" field, uncheck the "Automatically restart" box
If it does a BSOD, there's usually a hex code that shows and a description. If you can tell us what both of those are, this could narrow down what the problem is.