Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New FX 8350 problem
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Hi,
I just upgraded to an FX 8350 after updating the BIOS on my Sabertooth 990fx rev2.0 to 1503. I was using a Phenom II X4 975. To my surprise my system wont start now. I do get to the BIOS occasionally but it shuts down. I'm unable to get to the main Windows screen. What could be the problem? BTW, while in the BIOS screen i noticed the temp. at 65 C. Is that too high?

Post subject: Re: New FX 8350 problem
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:49 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Yes, 65C in BIOS is way too high.

Make sure the heat sink is installed properly. Also, if you reused the paste that was on it, that's a bad idea. Every time you take off the heat sink, you have to replace the thermal paste. But no worries, just get some rubbing alcohol (70% or higher) to clean it up. I believe Radio Shack sells the thermal paste Arctic Silver 5 (last I bothered noticing), but you can order that stuff online from practically anyone that does computer parts.

Post subject: Re: New FX 8350 problem
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Did you update the bios with the right bios for that motherboard? I have the same motherboard and had to update the bios with an old cpu, I think it was the same one you had in your board first, then removed it and added in my 8150 and it has been running ever since. I have since updated it again to the latest bios for this board. All is well and running snappy.

Are you sure you have the 8 pin plug in the socket for the cpu power pushed all the way in as well as the 24 pin plug pushed all the way in?

Nasty