Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Corded Mouse on its way out ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 pm 

I have used corded mouse and keyboard for a long time. I tried to use a cordless mouse at my last job but there were so many problems I removed it and bought a cheap corded mouse. The problems were the battery going dead at the wrong time (twice a month) and the cursor would jump sometimes , kind a problem when working in CAD.

I noticed the locale computer store does not offer MS Mice with a cord (USB). Is this the trend ? Will I just need to get used to the new normal ?
Logitech seems to be going the same direction. But I do see other brands like Kingston. Are they any good for CAD?

Thanks
no1tekman

Post subject: Re: Corded Mouse on its way out ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:44 pm 
Max [Ph]otographer
Max [Ph]otographer

Hey no1tekman, welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the delay in post approval, we've been swamped in spam. :/

I use a corded mouse myself. Newegg currently lists around 600 mice, half of which are corded, so I don't think the bell is tolling for corded mice.

And it's not just cheap mice either, Logitech, MadCatz, Razer, all have high-end mice with good-old-fashioned, and reliable, cords instead of wireless tech.

You might be having problems finding them locally, in my area the selection at brick-and-mortar stores is really small. Newegg has a large selection, there's other sites such as Tiger Direct or even Amazon.

Dan O.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I found that at Fry's, corded mice are about 30% of their stock. But on the flip side, of their wireless mice, there were probably only like 10 unique ones, the rest were just "different designs". Blah.

I've found Logitech wireless mice to be really good. They last practically forever (though, I don't use them 'regularly', but I change out the battery once a year at most) and the only times I get tracking issues is when the batteries are about to die.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

I always buy Microsoft's corded mice at Staples because I can try it out first, they're very comfortable for my big hands and long-lasting (about three years before the left button switch starts to fail). Presently I use a Comfort Mouse 3000 that was marked down to $8, so I picked up 4 of them. :D
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us ... mouse-3000