Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CoolerMaster - WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:14 pm 

Recently, I purchased the CoolerMaster 'WaveMaster' (TAC-T01-E1C) computer case and the optional windowed side panel. What an awesome case! It oozes quality! It's heavy gauge construction is all aluminum and not one burr could be found.

Two of the features that I like are the removable MoBo tray and the top mount I/O access. The box is cooled by three 80mm fans. Two intake and one exhaust. You can add an additional exhaust fan in the top of the case where the I/O panel is. You just swap out the 'removable' I/O board for the fourth fan. I would like to have an additional exhaust fan but I use the top mounted USB ports regularly. Sure beats reaching around to the back of the box to get to the USB ports.

The WaveMaster is a quality product that I highly recommend to anyone. However......... for $240 bones (Cnd) approx. $170 (USD), I would have thought that CoolerMaster could have included a $0.50 piece of filter material to sit in front of the two intake fans. I purchased from the Home Depot, a sheet of light filter material, cut it to size and installed it in front of the fans. Although not a real biggie, I am very surprised that CoolerMaster didn't think of doing this :roll:. Aside from that little glitch, I am very impressed with the TAC-T01-E1C. Awesome job CoolerMaster!

WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)

Pics of my case

Have a good one!

---------
SNAFUE
---------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

isnt that case really heavy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:58 pm 

BiggPa wrote:
isnt that case really heavy?

The case itself is 17lbs. But when packed with all your goodies, yeah, it's kinda heavy. I wouldn't like to be haul'n it around all the time.

SNAFUE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:43 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

I think thats the same case MPC used to make the "Orange Peel" this month. Nice.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:53 am 

MantaBase wrote:
I think thats the same case MPC used to make the "Orange Peel" this month. Nice.

Manta

Yep same case. Except the "Orange Peel" has an $800 :shock: paint job. All the Chevy guys should like that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:17 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hello all

I'm new here

I've had my Wavemaster for about 8 months or so and still love it. I just recently added a Koolance Exos to it. A computer match made in heaven :) Here are a couple pics.

http://www.siegster.com/bigfoot/Booradl ... e/full.jpg

http://www.siegster.com/bigfoot/Booradl ... e/Glow.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:24 am 
Willamette
Willamette

nice case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:52 pm 
Astro lube 2 the MAX!
Astro lube 2 the MAX!

WoW schweet case. I didn't know the bottom part opens up like that. Be a nice "hidden" consealed door for stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:10 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Too each their own I suppose. I wasn't a big fan of the wavemaster.

First thing that happened when I got it out of the box was that I opened it and cut myself within a minute of playing inside. Coolermaster is usually good at either folding over the edges or deburring them, so maybe they've fixed this issue.

I also wasn't too fond of the top port. Anywhere I decided to put it, it was never convenient to get too. If I sat it at my right foot where I usually put my cases, then the desk covers it and I have to plug things in blindly. Then, if I put it on my desk I had to stand up to do anything. Front panels are the only place for this! I adapted by cutting off the door, putting an 80mm fan in there, and putting some metal mesh to keep the birds and rats out. I took an extra 4-port USB plate from my older motherboard and dremeled out holes in the front cover (the place where you put the filter media...on that door). Looks good, but it's a hellofa lot of work to get a $160 case to be usable again.

Then the fact that it still used screws to hold things in after falling in love with driverails.

I'm just different I suppose as, while I was happy it was much cheaper than the ATC's of late, I just didn't fall in love with it. Maybe it was the inside that just felt...well...uninspiring to work in. I love what many have been doing to this case and it's a great canvas for art. It's just that with items like Coolermaster's own stacker and the new Lian Li, there's not really a choice IMO. "IMO"...remember that, because that's all it is.

Good case :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:18 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

sorry, but this turns me off on the case real quick:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:44 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

SNAFUE wrote:
Yep same case. Except the "Orange Peel" has an $800 :shock: paint job. All the Chevy guys should like that one!

Mmmmm...chevy orange. To be more exact, it's Hugger Orange...which also would appeal to Ford and Dodge fans as well. Very popular color in '69 &'70. I still love that color!

And to those wondering about an $800 paint job, it's well worth it. They do marvelous work with great detail. I've seen a couple high-end/high-price jobs being sent to the customer with flaws in the basecoat and serious lack of detail. Check out their site...about every case you've seen that is 110% awesome, it was probably painted by them!

http://www.smooth-creations.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:48 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

Nice case! And you know how to use water...Stick around, we need more of your kind :lol: Besides, you are getting in on the ground floor of these new forums. Like to see you along for the long-haul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:57 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Chumly wrote:
Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

Nice case! And you know how to use water...Stick around, we need more of your kind :lol: Besides, you are getting in on the ground floor of these new forums. Like to see you along for the long-haul.

Thanks a lot Chumly :D

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member.

Post subject: Re: CoolerMaster - WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:20 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

SNAFUE wrote:
Recently, I purchased the CoolerMaster 'WaveMaster' (TAC-T01-E1C) computer case and the optional windowed side panel. What an awesome case! It oozes quality! It's heavy gauge construction is all aluminum and not one burr could be found.

Two of the features that I like are the removable MoBo tray and the top mount I/O access. The box is cooled by three 80mm fans. Two intake and one exhaust. You can add an additional exhaust fan in the top of the case where the I/O panel is. You just swap out the 'removable' I/O board for the fourth fan. I would like to have an additional exhaust fan but I use the top mounted USB ports regularly. Sure beats reaching around to the back of the box to get to the USB ports.

The WaveMaster is a quality product that I highly recommend to anyone. However......... for $240 bones (Cnd) approx. $170 (USD), I would have thought that CoolerMaster could have included a $0.50 piece of filter material to sit in front of the two intake fans. I purchased from the Home Depot, a sheet of light filter material, cut it to size and installed it in front of the fans. Although not a real biggie, I am very surprised that CoolerMaster didn't think of doing this :roll:. Aside from that little glitch, I am very impressed with the TAC-T01-E1C. Awesome job CoolerMaster!

WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)

Pics of my case

Have a good one!

---------
SNAFUE
---------

WOW

Post subject: Re: CoolerMaster - WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:18 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

SNAFUE wrote:

WaveMaster (TAC-T01-E1C)

Pics of my case

Have a good one!

---------
SNAFUE
---------

nice setup, i agree coolermaster should have included a filter. Anyway nice rig and dont forget to paint your drives silver or a matching color...

DT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:28 am 

Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

I've had my Wavemaster for about 8 months or so and still love it. I just recently added a Koolance Exos to it. A computer match made in heaven :) Here are a couple pics.

Nice rig! Thanks for the pics.

Looks like you have some metal faceplates on your drives. Can't quite make out the name on'em. Who makes them and where can I get a few?

SNAFUE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:21 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

SNAFUE wrote:
Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

Looks like you have some metal faceplates on your drives. Can't quite make out the name on'em. Who makes them and where can I get a few?

SNAFUE

The face plates are also from Cooler Master. They make them in silver & black.

You can get them at Sundial Micro or click this http://www.sundialmicro.com

-misterLOBY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:20 am 

misterLOBY wrote:
SNAFUE wrote:
Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

SNAFUE

The face plates are also from Cooler Master. They make them in silver & black.

You can get them at Sundial Micro or click this http://www.sundialmicro.com

-misterLOBY

Thanks for the Heads Up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:47 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

SNAFUE wrote:
Booradley wrote:
Hello all

I'm new here

SNAFUE

As was mentioned, the front bezels are from Coolermaster. Super easey to install and I think they really add to the look of the Wavemaster.

Have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

XHAOS wrote:
sorry, but this turns me off on the case real quick:

jahahha