Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wireless Mic (Voice recorder) for PC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a great bluetooth/wireless microphone?
I'm basically looking for a wireless solution for using Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Skype on my pc.

I recently purchased a Cirago Bluetooth USB adapter + Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headpiece but have not been satisfied with this solution. Teamspeak (primary use) has all kinds of conflicts and requires a lot of tinkering with "mono-or-stereo drivers" for the headpiece to work. But when it does, it's a blast.

However, when it does work, the Plantronics begins to crackle and the playback starts degrading to pretty much inaudible tones, for no reason, after an hour or so. My distance doesn't change as I'm still at the same seat.

So I'm looking for any other suggestions? Does anyone hear have experience with this that can share some advice? My motherboard has no native support for Bluetooth, hence my purchase of the usb bluetooth adapter.

I am not looking for a wireless headphone+mic headset, I only want a mic, I use speakers for the rest of my audio needs.
I asked on other forums and everyone keeps telling me just ''buy any bluetooth mic made for cell phones and connect to your pc easy as 123" but apparently it's proving way more complicated than that.

Thanks in advanced =]

P.S.
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it appropriately!

Post subject: Re: Wireless Mic (Voice recorder) for PC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

If it's on a desk, why not a desk mic?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

It's not on a desk, it's part of a ht gaming setup...
Any suggestions or advice on how best to get this set up?

Has MaxPc done any write ups on wireless mics or bluetooth usb adapters? I feel like if my mobo does not have native bluetooth support, then it will never support bluetooth well...
Using the bluetooth usb adapter i purchased has proven to be a crappy connection...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... one+for+pc

Good luck.

And no, as far as I know MaximumPC hasn't done anything specifically for PCs, because nobody really does HTPC gaming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:29 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

A good uni-directional mic like a Heil PR20 might do the trick, but since you're brodcasting sound via speakers (probably a good HT floor-set none the less) and not sure of the volumes you'll play with, I have to backslide on that a bit.

With my experience, it's probably not what you're looking for. You'd still need to set it on an end table and aim it at you and fairly close to avoid ambient intrusion. So...how about a common ear-bug meant for cell phones like a Blue Ant?

Or, would a common RF wireless mic work since you have aux-in available? Nady is huge name in the industry and works for most entertainers running around a loud stage. So...maybe not force the BT and look for other options that can work much better. BT mics may be rare because there's no need to go that route.